Copy Paste from email?

This is a discussion on Copy Paste from email? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by irontekd That is so odd to me that Copy and Paste isn't a fully mature feature on the Android platform. I am ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Copy Paste from email?

Quote Originally Posted by irontekd View Post
    That is so odd to me that Copy and Paste isn't a fully mature feature on the Android platform. I am used to my BlackBerry I guess.
    well blackberry and other systems have been around longer than android.

Quote Originally Posted by thienedits View Post
    That is so odd to me that Copy and Paste isn't a fully mature feature on the Android platform. I am used to my BlackBerry I guess.
    I'm sorry, but with all the PhD's at Google, not one could figure out how to implement copy & paste in Android???

It's a direct omission on Google's part. And what's more surprising is they didn't learn from Apple's mistake with this on the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by thienedits View Post
    I was just saying that I expected that Google would have already learned from the experiences of other phones (e.g. iPhone) and implemented it from day one.

EDIT: Oops! I see rioja had similar thoughts!

Yea I agree that google dropped the ball with its primitive copy/paste but thats really an easy fix on their end to the software. Surprisingly they didn't even implement the copy/paste features that they have on the Google Mobile Apps for iphone. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

I just spent two hours trying to figure out how to do this, simply not believing that anyone would make such an obvious development mistake when so many others have. Making the mistake is forgiveable. Blatantly IGNORING paying customers asking their vendor to fix this significant software defect is above the pale. I'm probably going to get an IPhone G4 because of this. I'll probably come back to Android when they fix all these bugs, and learn how to hire developers with a clue.

Android is a great effort so far. Someday when it's mature like the iPhone or Blackberry, maybe business will adopt it. It's a fun toy right now at least. But things like the lack of cisco vpn, RSA SecureID, and just blatant idiocy like a lack of text copy from inbox email is not going to speed adoption by people that are successful. I bet my teenage daughter would love this toy.

NOTE: I actually got some strongly worded hatemail because of this post. Let me be clear in saying I think it's a wonderful device. It just seems to be designed and maintained by highschool and college kids, and based on a hobby operating system rather than something ready for the enterprise, that is ALSO maintained and developed by highschool and college kids. And they made a great device for highschool and college kids. The world moves at the speed of business though, and people like myself need a device for that purpose. At this time, this device doesn't even make it out of the starting gate.

Froyo fixes copy and paste from emails :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TBird1 View Post
    Froyo fixes copy and paste from emails :-)
    Only in Gmail. I'm sorry, I'm an adult with a real email address. Gmail is for facebook. Not emailing a client. I don't work for Gmail. My address should be from MY domain.

And before I get some lame answer about about how I could just use domain aliasing with gmail, I want someone to tell me how hard it would be to ADD A FRIGGIN SHORTCUT THAT ALWAYS OPENS THE VIRTUAL KEYBOARD. Because, you do understand that's all that's needed right? So THANK YOU SO MUCH for fixing your branded email app rather than just adding a friggin soft button or shortcut that opens the keyboard at all times. This kind of lack of vision is very disturbing. This is why I prefer things made by professionals.

Does copying the whole message text also works for you?

Hi,

just curious: when I read an email I can select forward message and then in the text box below press (long) and then it will mark the whole forwarded email text body, which then I can copy and paste in other apps. That's on Android 2.1 (HTC one), does this also works for the Nexus One?

Greets,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by zofryer View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm an adult with a real email address. Gmail is for facebook. Not emailing a client. I don't work for Gmail. My address should be from MY domain.
    I am also an adult and I send/receive email through my domain - all in Gmail. Just change the settings. Works perfectly.

Many advantages using Gmail. Check it out.

@Matt,
    Sure, when you compose a new email or forward an existing one, you work in a read/write text box. With any Android phone you can select text in such input box.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links