Copy Paste from email?

This is a discussion on Copy Paste from email? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; @Matt, Sure, when you compose a new email or forward an existing one, you work in a read/write text box. With any Android phone you ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Copy Paste from email?

@Matt,
    Sure, when you compose a new email or forward an existing one, you work in a read/write text box. With any Android phone you can select text in such input box.

Quote Originally Posted by vkelman View Post
    @Matt,
    Sure, when you compose a new email or forward an existing one, you work in a read/write text box. With any Android phone you can select text in such input box.
    I do it all the time.

Awesome!

Show me how to do that with all 14 of my IMAP accounts.

Show me the horrible kludge to get 14 IMAP accounts working through one gmail.

Or just stop doing disgusting crap like this to force people to use the branded Gmail client, and add a button/shortcut to open the virtual keyboard at all times so shift can be pressed.

Please. TWO YEARS to fix a very simple issue. Don't even get me started on the lack of cisco vpn support. It blows my mind how close this phone is to being ready for the enterprise, but the effort isn't being undertaken. You'd THINK Google would want to steal that marketshare from BlackBerry wouldn't you?

Request: More adults making decisions at Google. Kplzthx.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zofryer View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm an adult with a real email address. Gmail is for facebook. Not emailing a client. I don't work for Gmail. My address should be from MY domain.
    I am also an adult and I send/receive email through my domain - all in Gmail. Just change the settings. Works perfectly.

Many advantages using Gmail. Check it out.

Or just stop doing disgusting crap like this to force people to use the branded Gmail client, and add a button/shortcut to open the virtual keyboard at all times so shift can be pressed.
    [/QUOTE]

You seem quite upset so I don't want to provoke you, but I though it was possible to bring up the keyboard by long-pressing the settings-button at all times?!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    You seem quite upset so I don't want to provoke you, but I though it was possible to bring up the keyboard by long-pressing the settings-button at all times?![/QUOTE]

I'm not upset so much as baffled. I GET that google REALLY wants you to use their email client so they can datamine your stuff. It's their bread and butter afterall. But to intentionally cripple the main email client in some bid to get people to use theirs isn't just unethical, it's amazingly short sighted. Whoever the marketing robot was that made the decision should be fired.

NOTE: Yes, it opens the keyboard but then you can't do anything with it. Shift/Select appears to be intentionally disabled.

Show me the horrible kludge to get 14 IMAP accounts working through one gmail.
    Don't know what a "kludge" is, but I have 8 working just fine.

But you sound so irritated with yourself that I'd suggest working on that first

Request: More adults making decisions at Google. Kplzthx.
    LOL. When I and my colleagues are corresponding with clients, we always say 'kplzthx', we then get duckrolled when clicking on a link to an important report, and are all like 'WTF trolllllll'

Seriously though, being able to access 14 different email accounts, and have them all behave as they will in Outlook, and having perfect support for Cisco VPNs doesn't exactly come off as a 'simple' problem. If you need that level of control... pull out your laptop?

Or get a Blackberry, I don't think this phone was targeting the BB demo as much as it was another certain smartphone demographic...

The copy/paste in the regular email client does suck, but maybe I'm just lucky that no one in my company expects the same level of productivity when they know my only access to a communications device is a smartphone.

Note to self: never get a job that never lets me go off the grid for more than 5 minutes.

I just bought an app (Contact group manager) and the guy sent me the registration code about 1,000 charecters long. I need to cut and paste this into the registration box. How do I do that? I opened the mail and I can select the text. 2 orange boxes come up at the beggining andf end of the text. It then says Text copied to cliboad. How do i then paste this into the reg box??

To past just long press the text input box and then select past.

Jeez. I found it. Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links