Dust under screen already!!!

This is a discussion on Dust under screen already!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok so I just got my new phone but I have a potential problem. I dropped my original one today and It has a little ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dust under screen already!!!

Ok so I just got my new phone but I have a potential problem. I dropped my original one today and It has a little nick on the side of it. Do you think HTC is gonna charge me for the replacement now? When I was on the phone with them they asked me if there was anything wrong with the phone other than the dust underneath the screen and they told me it would be inspected and I would be charged if anything was wrong with it.

Yeah I also have one on the lower left screen. I know for sure that this is not a dead pixel because I can still see the white speck when the screen is off.

It's little bit annoying that this has happened 2 weeks into owning the phone that costs $530 and i've been extremely careful with it.

Does anybody know how to prevent this? so that if I do end up getting a replacement I could make sure this doesn't happen again! any thoughts would help THANKS!

@ eylee - How to prevent dust: Don't use the sleeve it comes with, use one with a top cover (I asked my enterprising grandmother for a custom-made one, but you can just tack something onto the case as-is too). If you really want to use the included case, put the phone in so that the 3.5mm jack is face down, and regularly clean your pockets of lint.

@ dj justice - It depends whether you have a "swap" or a "repair". If you send your phone in (a "repair"), then you can call them when it arrives, tell them you only want the screen fixed, not to worry about the body, and they will only do warranty-related repairs. However, if you choose a "swap" (super fast overnight shipping instead of 2 week wait), they will definitely charge you for anything required to resell the phone in refurbished (like-new) condition, since other people will be receiving it to replace their own defectives once it is repaired.

the dust has to do with the screen not being sealed properly in the factory.
    You can see this by applying pressure to the corners of the screen and listen for a clicking sound.
    If you don't hear anything then you should be fine. If you hear clicking then that's the adhesive not bonding correctly.

Simple fix just use a hair dryer and and warm up the corner/s that are doing this to reactivate the adhesive and apply a little pressure with your finger and hold it for like a min and it should be fixed.
    I did mine almost two weeks ago and the adhesive is still holding and no dust.

Seriously its simple fix that will save you the headaches of going threw the whole RMA nightmare with HTC and getting a referb phone that was "fixed"

Well, Guy be careful with your phone because I tested my Nexus One Dust isn't the only issue that go under your screen. Water is also easy get under your screen. the seal between the glass and the body isn't doing a good job. I got water (a lot of water) like a few drop under my screen. After I found out that, I turn off my phone and place my phone next to the heater for few hours and let the phone rested for overnight. The first 12 hours after I power it back on I still see water spot on the lower right hand corner and top of the screen like shadow. I was so...... afraid that will be that forever..... I am sure you know how I felt. Lucky after 24 hours of use all the water spots are gone and no mark has left behind.. Now I am happy again......

So I went ahead and talked to HTC for a replacement. When you get the replacement phone, do they send out a brand new device or some refurb item? I asked the lady on the tech representative, if they're sending me a refurbished item at first(to make sure i won't be getting one) she said "yes" at first but when i asked her again, she said 'you'll be receiving a brand new phone" hopefully she just mixed up between replacement and repair.

Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    So I went ahead and talked to HTC for a replacement. When you get the replacement phone, do they send out a brand new device or some refurb item? I asked the lady on the tech representative, if they're sending me a refurbished item at first(to make sure i won't be getting one) she said "yes" at first but when i asked her again, she said 'you'll be receiving a brand new phone" hopefully she just mixed up between replacement and repair.
    Evey onegets fully tested referb even if its your first RMA. They said even though its referb that most are the one's that didn't pass inspection rite off the assembly line and get repaired so they are pretty much new phones...But you also could get someone elses RMA that was "fixed"
    unless they tell you to send back everything then maybe...but they tell most people to take out SD card, battery, sim and remove battery cover before shipping these are not going back ...and also not to send any accessories. just the OEM phone in the Nexus box.

If you get a weak person on the phone that thinks you might be a problem then they will probably just tell you what you want to here... You get a different answer from different "tech" representative

So they are not putting a hold on credit cards anymore? From other threads they where putting a hold on CC till you sent the old one back? Is this not true anymore?

If you want it cross shipped they hold the full $530 on your credit card until they receive the original phone back.

If you don't cross ship they hold $28 on your card. They email you a fed ex pre paid overnite shipping label. Box your phone up and drop it off at a fedex drop off location. Once they receive your phone they ship your replacement out rite away overnite. The $28 stays on hold until a tech checks out your original phone just to make sure their isn't any damage that isn't covered under warranty... preferably physical damage. If all check out they release the $28. If they have questions or find any problems they call you.

Quote Originally Posted by minedune2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eylee View Post
    Evey onegets fully tested referb even if its your first RMA. They said even though its referb that most are the one's that didn't pass inspection rite off the assembly line and get repaired so they are pretty much new phones...But you also could get someone elses RMA that was "fixed"
    unless they tell you to send back everything then maybe...but they tell most people to take out SD card, battery, sim and remove battery cover before shipping these are not going back ...and also not to send any accessories. just the OEM phone in the Nexus box.

If you get a weak person on the phone that thinks you might be a problem then they will probably just tell you what you want to here... You get a different answer from different "tech" representative
    hm i see. yeah i'm not sure what to think of it. well as long as the phone works as its suppose to and doesn't have the dust problem i'll be happy. oh also i forgot to say that she told me that i could take whatever i want from the old phone but also told me that i'll be receiving the whole brand new box and can keep the new components battery/sd card/ etc if i wish to. I thought they were only going to send me the oem parts as well but it doesn't seem like it in the case you get a replacement.

well we'll see what happens in couple days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links