Dust under screen already!!!

This is a discussion on Dust under screen already!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I got my replacement Thursday, put the BSE full skin on it, and then put it in a crystal hard case, and there's already ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dust under screen already!!!

So I got my replacement Thursday, put the BSE full skin on it, and then put it in a crystal hard case, and there's already a red fiber under the glass in the top left corner. I don't own any red clothes.. where did it come from? I'm rather disappointed with this, I figured for upwards of $500 the build quality would be able to prevent this from happening.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile

if your not gona use that sock i will gladley take it off your hands. plz contact me on this thread and post reply if any of you are anting to give one to me.

in case anyone is curious i also had a lot of dust under my screen, i called HTC and instead of getting a replacement phone which will not fix anything it will probably come with the same issue and get dust under it again which is what Ive been reading on here, I decided to go with a REPAIR, they have to put a $28 AUTH on your card for some repair insurance and then they email you a fedex prepaid mailing label you just print out and put on the outside of a box. the rep also told me that this process is a lot faster (yeah we'll see...) and they replace all old seals and put new ones and use better glue for the screen.....so i guess all i can do now is wait....

I sent my Nexus One to HTC for repair after noticing some dust under the screen. It took them ~5 days to complete the repair(HTC Hong Kong). Just got my repaired Nexus One a few hours ago. There were a few scratches on the screen previously(when I sent them), now its all gone & its just like brand new! :D

Quote Originally Posted by chiehkai View Post
    I sent my Nexus One to HTC for repair after noticing some dust under the screen. It took them ~5 days to complete the repair(HTC Hong Kong). Just got my repaired Nexus One a few hours ago. There were a few scratches on the screen previously(when I sent them), now its all gone & its just like brand new! :D
    Excellent news! Thanks for the report!

nice! so would you say the got the job done right this time? have you seen any dust yet? how long did the whole process take from when you shipped it out to when you got it back...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmonterrosa82 View Post
    nice! so would you say the got the job done right this time? have you seen any dust yet? how long did the whole process take from when you shipped it out to when you got it back...thanks
    Well the phone was sent to HTC on 28th May, they received it on 31th. And after 5 business days (7th June), it was on the way back to me. I received the phone next day. So totally it took 11 days including transit times & weekends.

It seems that they removed the dust and swapped the touchscreen glass. It was completely clean, no scratches, dust or any fingerprints(the phone has the same IMEI, do its defiantly not a refub).

Quote Originally Posted by gmonterrosa82 View Post
    Well the phone was sent to HTC on 28th May, they received it on 31th. And after 5 business days (7th June), it was on the way back to me. I received the phone next day. So totally it took 11 days including transit times & weekends.

It seems that they removed the dust and swapped the touchscreen glass. It was completely clean, no scratches, dust or any fingerprints(the phone has the same IMEI, do its defiantly not a refub).
    Not bad! well I just got an email from fedex that the phone was received at the HTC location in texas so now the waiting game continues....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links