Nexus One Camera Issue: Cloudy Red Blur in Middle

This is a discussion on Nexus One Camera Issue: Cloudy Red Blur in Middle within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The thing that made me think it was a flash thing was because I took a picture of myself with that flash and saw a ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Camera Issue: Cloudy Red Blur in Middle

The thing that made me think it was a flash thing was because I took a picture of myself with that flash and saw a big ass pink spot for about 5 minutes. lol

Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    The thing that made me think it was a flash thing was because I took a picture of myself with that flash and saw a big ass pink spot for about 5 minutes. lol

That's completely unacceptable. I can deal with a pink spot but never a big pinkxxxxx:rofl3:

Adjectives are my friends. =)
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by allyriane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    When pointing it at a light/white object, at first I see the red hue at the center of the screen.

But it eventually filters and focuses the colors and the red hue disappears..... I think it might be a problem with the auto-color not removing red hues of the camera?
    I'm happy you said this. Yesterday I really wasn't paying attention to the viewer I was shooting photos cold so I could see the "worst" and was happy with the outcome.

Till someone pointed out my pink :rofl3:

But TODAY I am going back to that same empty apartment so I can recreate it and try a coupla things. While waiting for a soultion...

I put a trouble ticket in last night. Everyone should just so they get the point.
    Just got off the phone with HTC, complained about my touchscreen being jerky at certain angles and this red blur problem. The guy said there has been numerous calls about these issues, in fact every 7/10 calls have been regarding either of these issues (and the soft keys on the bottom activating above where they are supposed to, but not a major concern for me.).

He escalated my issue (as he does with everyone with similar problems) to executive customer care, and promised an email once the issue is resolved. At first he wanted me to perform a soft reset, but of course I've done that already ;-)

He said that these were both software problems, as I was afraid it may be hardware related since i do not want to deal with returning the unit. (i will if i have too!)

Will post updates when i get 'em.

P.S. Everyone with issues please call! It took ONE button press to get to customer service with no wait time! (at least for me). Please let them know about this problem so that our issues will be heard and dealt with quicker!!! Do not let google get away with such a travesty!

My father is a lawyer, and if these problems do not go away in a timely manner, a class action suit may be filed.

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    My father is a lawyer, and if these problems do not go away in a timely manner, a class action suit may be filed.
    I will never understand why people are so quick to start waving this flag! The end result for the consumer is usually virtually NOTHING...maybe a few bucks off a newer model of whatever; and usually only after several years have elapsed. The only ones who benefit from this are the lawyers, and it's near impossible to get "results" before the manufacturer addresses the problems themselves anyway!

Another point here:
    This physical phone is manufactured and serviced by HTC, not by Google!
    Ranting at Google about these types of issues is pointless, as they are in no position to rectify them! Contact HTC to address these types of issues, and you have a much better chance of getting results.
    /rant off

Whoo hoo I'm making progress MAYBE

I retook the photos in the same location - empty apt. You can see the red on the viewer,

I opened the settings and color effect 'none" was checked.

I changed it to mono and the red went away !!!!!!!

Now I think I see green lines though... ROFL.

I am uploading to picassa now.

I dont know how to do groups only one at a time sigh.

Not saying this is gonna be GOOD, js...

YAY one successful elimination of the pink blob

OK, one success doesn't prove a test but here's the photo that I took today. First it was pink blobbed with setting on NONE and when I changed to MONO it went away. I think I see green faint stripes on the lens but here on Picassa it's good. As far as I can see without better glasses or actually studying it on my hard drive on my pc... LOL.

YAY.

I'm doing more later. Right now I'm moving and have to pay attention to that.

"My father is a lawyer, and if these problems do not go away in a timely manner, a class action suit may be filed."
    Wut? Is your father a trial or personal injury lawyer? If so, he'd know that there is no cause of action now it's been on the market a couple of days. There has also been no valid cause of action justifiable against the company since so far they have made good on all the complaints so far that we can see anyway. A couple people here already got replacement phones cheerfully and right on the first phone call.

Is he volunteering to take it on contingency? LOL Let me know I have a bunch of good personal injury cases I'd like to explore. (smile)

It doesn't even make sense, no offense. A class action takes YEARS and you have to prove that the company did something wrong knowingly or had negligence in not knowing. Like not reveal adverse reactions to a drug or test properly not because there's a pink blob on a camera that nobody knows how to operate including tech support in the call center. HA.

YAY I think it's fixed

All my photos turned out normal with the setting of mono.

I took one identical of each color effect so you can see what they look like.

But not till later when I upload them on Picasa.

Change your setting UNDER COLOR EFFECTS ON THE CAMERA MENU to mono and I bet your photos are fine.

I had this issue and never really worried about it. Now i'm gonna look into this again. I'm almost certain this is for the auto focus to work properly. There may be a timing issue in the software. I hope they fix this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links