The application Email (Process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.

This is a discussion on The application Email (Process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am so sorry, I search through the forum, but can't seems to find a solution for my email problem. "Theapplication Email (process com.android.email) has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The application Email (Process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.

Unhappy The application Email (Process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly.

I am so sorry, I search through the forum, but can't seems to find a solution for my email problem.

"Theapplication Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close

through out the years I am an anti I-PHONE person, just the fact that everyone use them. So when I see the Nexus i got it right away thinking it could atually be just as good as the I-phone if not better. But its giving me problem with something as simple as email sync.... this is my first day using the phone. I really hope someone can help me solve this problem so I can regain some faith in this google phone....

Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

its on my hotmail and office mail. its everytime when I try to open the email and I am on a 3G network with T-Mobile. Thank you for at least looking into the matter for me.

Also, have you downloaded other apps/ email clients that would be also trying to access your email sync?

I haven't had any email sync crashing except for once, when I was running many messaging/apps and tried to refresh my email when it did a force close. Unless its a hardware problem, you might have set a setting wrong or a application is interfering with the mail app.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

no ... I am still just using the apps that come with the phone. and my email works fine for about like 10 hours and than its start givin me problems. If its the settng thats cauing the problem I woud think it wouldn't work in the first place.

I might just have to retun my Nexus and get an I-phone afterall.

or maybe a HTC HD2..

Try this first. I just solved this problem on my Droid.

Open Settings-->Applications-->Manage Applications
    Tap Menu, choose Filter then choose Running
    Tap the Email App then Tap Clear data

This will completely erase your email profiles

Now go back into email, re-do your server setup and you should be good to go. Let me know how/if this works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkie1683 View Post
    no ... I am still just using the apps that come with the phone. and my email works fine for about like 10 hours and than its start givin me problems. If its the settng thats cauing the problem I woud think it wouldn't work in the first place.

I might just have to retun my Nexus and get an I-phone afterall.

or maybe a HTC HD2..
    No, you'll figure it out. Did you read the users guide? It's pretty big like over 300 pages but very helpful. ALOT of detail.

I tried to set up my yahoo (extra addy) and ran into some things that were not intuitive so I postponed that for another day. But it did tell me accounts like yahoo were "diffferent" lol.

It could be something "simple"..the first time I set up email I actually ended up with two icons and one was floating on another page so I was giving myself contention I think. LOL It just takes time to figure it out I don't think there are any real fatal errors in this phone that I've seen yet. Except the pink cloud on some photos. You can't expect to intuitively just get everything to work easilyimmediately ime, even my kid a high tech & iphone person had adjustments to figure out. One day is not nearly enough time to make a decision there are so many variables based on the extensive functionality that customers demand. Although I have to say for me, everything works fine with very little "thinking" since I have to be "in the mood to think and explore" usually I'm like oh great, here we go... ...then again I have a gmail account so google nexus is eager to interface easily lol.

So far, I've overcomplicated things that are EASY on the phone due to not reading the user guide enough or experimenting. LIke I downloaded an app for a speeddial when all I needed to do was hold down search and speak the contact's name ROFLMAO. That taught me to not assume anything on this phone.

BTW you can call tech support they are very nice. There's no comparison to tech support with crappy dell or hp etc. Why say you'll dump the phone without at least asking if there's something you should be/are doing or a set up error or if it's an actual bug.

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

You are very right, I am going to give their support a chance before returning it.

Thanks.

Try this out: It mentions that the problem might be from some mal-formed email headers and suggests removing the email, or moving it to a different box and then wiping your account configuration and setting it up again.

The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again | World Wide Ed

I had an email come in from a friend right before mine stopped working and when I removed the email, and ran through the setup again, it started working again. YMMV. (Also, I've seen reports of too many emails in the inbox, but that was not my issue.)

any updates?

hey guys. I found this thread since my Nexus One just started to have this problem. I've had this phone for more than 6 months with the same email setup, but the email problem just started happening this weekend. I don't understand. I have tried rebooting as well. I did not touch any of my email settings before I started to see this... confused...

So I am looking for any updates on this problem.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links