3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

This is a discussion on 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; How many leads does the problematic jack have? Check the number of stripes on the plug. As another poster mentioned, it could be that only ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

How many leads does the problematic jack have? Check the number of stripes on the plug. As another poster mentioned, it could be that only a certain configuration is giving you this error, so it's helpful to know which in diagnosing.

Good luck

I have the same problem. It is the worst w/ my male-male cable and 3.5mm to cassette adaptor but also happens w/ some 2 ring headphones. Is there a way to universally disable headset remote inputs?

Quote Originally Posted by sirus394 View Post
    I have the same problem. It is the worst w/ my male-male cable and 3.5mm to cassette adaptor but also happens w/ some 2 ring headphones. Is there a way to universally disable headset remote inputs?
    I hope so cause I don't use the standard headsets.

I have the same problem with my 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack from radioshack. When i plug it in it'll skip songs VERY erratically and even when i leave it alone it'll play a song for maybe 5-10 secs, then skip. Does not happen when i plug in the included headphones.

When i pick up a call, the music automatically starts to play and skip while connected to the 3.5mm jack and i would not be able to hear the caller over my speaker.

I looked closely at the jack, and there are three distinct sections of metal.

Maybe someone can make an app to disable the remote controls of the headphones? Or is there a way to do it natively?

I will try this with some other 3.5mm jacks and report back with some results. Hopefully this problem is due to the cheap radioshack wire and not a hardware fault of the phone itself.

I am not sure if i am eligible for a return since my phone is unlocked and rooted, can somebody elaborate this policy?

Just got off the phone with HTC, said that since my phone is rooted, i cannot make any kind of exchange and would have to pay for any repairs myself.

i guess i should have waited to root and see if there were any problems with the phone before i did the root, but i guess hindsight is 20-20.

This problem is pretty big to me since the 3.5mm jack is a pretty big feature of the phone and one of the reasons i originally passed on the G1.

I did try a couple more different wires and still have the same problem.

I guess its my fault for trusting Google to sell me a non-defective device. So let my error be a lesson to all of you, before you root your nexus one, use it for at least a month and make sure it is problem free!

A suggestion: Shure makes an adapter that allows you to use your choice of headphones, while adding a mic. This device in essence converts your 2-ring headphone plug to a 3-ring plug. Perhaps this will relieve your problem?

Shure - Music Phone Adapter

They do not currently list the N1 or the Droid, but that may not be correct. I'd suggest you contact them and see what they say; and ask that you report your results here. Thanks, and good luck!

Solution!

Same problem too!
    I put a peice of scotch tape around the base of the tip and I'm rocking out now with no problemos - jumping around like an iPod commercial.

Check this out for a little help (the key is blocking out contact with the button pin inside the plug).

FriFeb19101834AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg picture by fourtwenties - Photobucket

wmm
    Hey, thanks for the suggestion about the tape! I've just started having a similar problem: when I plug my N1 into the FM transmitter I use in the car and drive off, once in a while it will skip 2-3 songs in a row (usually when I go over a bump ) and then settle down and play normally for the rest of the trip. I've taken to rotating the plug a bit when I first insert it to make sure it gets a good contact, and that seems to be taking care of the problem for the moment. If it comes back, though, I'll give the tape remedy a try.

I have EXACTLY this same problem. It only seems to happen in my car when I connect the 3.5mm audio connector to my N1 to play music through my car speakers. Headsets seem to be fine. I've noticed it a couple of times and I thought it was a "shake to skip track" feature, but after I couldn't find any mention of this feature, I eventually realized that my N1 must be incorrectly thinking that headset controls were being use.

So far I haven't found any solutions. The simplest would be to just disable headset controls completely, but I haven't found any settings or apps that let me do that.

How common is this issue? Is it a hardware problem? Do I need to have my phone exchanged?

wmm
    Quote Originally Posted by alamysm View Post
    So far I haven't found any solutions. The simplest would be to just disable headset controls completely, but I haven't found any settings or apps that let me do that.

How common is this issue? Is it a hardware problem? Do I need to have my phone exchanged?
    Did you try the tape solution suggested above? It doesn't happen often enough to me that I've felt the need to do that yet.

If it's happening frequently to you, you should definitely call HTC and look into an exchange. If you do that, please let us know how the interaction goes (if they give you any grief about whether it's their problem or not, or if they drop a comment like, "Yes, we hear that pretty often," or whatever).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links