3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

This is a discussion on 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; @Cadred: I don't use those two apps, but would you mind trying what I suggested to see if it works? I theorize that if you ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

@Cadred: I don't use those two apps, but would you mind trying what I suggested to see if it works? I theorize that if you leave MixZing running in the background (by telling it to under it's settings) with the headphone controls disabled, it could possibly allow the other apps to circumvent this issue as well, and it will be a free fix for this until a patch it released. It's a shame we can't just disable the remote input globally from the phone settings if we want to.

I had the audio skip problem with the Aux jack in my car; I installed MixZing a few days ago and told it to handle the headphone shortcuts, but I put no content in MixZing. In my case, it was a successful workaround, albeit a frustrating one.

Great to hear. It's annoying, but I'm glad it works for you. I have actually been enjoying mixzing over the included media player but hadn't tried to see if it would solve the issue while running other apps.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhuntington View Post
    I had the audio skip problem with the Aux jack in my car; I installed MixZing a few days ago and told it to handle the headphone shortcuts, but I put no content in MixZing. In my case, it was a successful workaround, albeit a frustrating one.
    Wow, if this forum had +rep, I would sooooo give you +rep.
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking

Err... scrolling back up a bit, it would appear that it was my idea that was implemented... where's my +rep?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bwatson009 View Post
    @Cadred: I don't use those two apps, but would you mind trying what I suggested to see if it works? I theorize that if you leave MixZing running in the background (by telling it to under it's settings) with the headphone controls disabled, it could possibly allow the other apps to circumvent this issue as well, and it will be a free fix for this until a patch it released. It's a shame we can't just disable the remote input globally from the phone settings if we want to.
    BWatso, please make an app for global disability of the headphone controls, i will give you (rep x 1,000,000)

Angry

The latest MixZing (1.1.3) update changed the way they manage the headphone controls and since I've updated, the problem with the stock media player has returned. You can no longer globally disable the controls... Yesterday when plugged into the car, the Android media player randomly started playing behind MixZing. Guess it's time for a factory reset to see if that does the trick...

Joy.

Ok folks, update: Factory reset, which I had been putting off, corrected the issue.

Just installed an FM modulator and plugged in my audio jack. I have the same problem you all have. I think the workaround is to get a camcorder cable which from what I understand is the TRRS style that is needed versus the TRS of most headsets. its somewhat of a bulky cable but the video line could get stripped off which would leave the contact on the 90 degree plug...

3.5mm. (TRRS) Right Angle Male Plug to (3) RCA Male (video & left/right audio) Camcorder Cable, 6ft

Finding this local and cheap? who knows...

*updated*

Apple AV Cable will work fine, actually any TRRS/RCA video cable with ground next to the sleeve and not next to the tip. Just bought one off Amazon for .09 cents!

i have been having the same problem with my nike headphones i have been using while im still in japan. the song skipping was driving me crazy and i was about to order an adapter because i couldnt find compatable headphones for less than 7000-8000 yen(75- 85 us).
    downloaded doubletwist media app, switched the headphone controls in settings and no skip problems so far!
    here's the QD: hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links