3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

This is a discussion on 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When i plug speakers directly into my 3.5mm jack (not headphones) it outputs to the speakers fine. However if i jiggle the cable any even ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

Unhappy 3.5mm headphone jack causes media player to skip songs

When i plug speakers directly into my 3.5mm jack (not headphones) it outputs to the speakers fine. However if i jiggle the cable any even to like pick up the phone to change songs it will skip to the next song. This happens with the media player that comes install on the phone and with pandora.

I also have a 3.5mm cable thats male on both sides.. I use it to connect to my radios aux port in my car and it does the exact same thing. If i move the cable at all it will skip to the next song.

I looked on this forum and didnt see any mention of this so im hoping its not just me. Anyone?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Supraz01 View Post
    When i plug speakers directly into my 3.5mm jack (not headphones) it outputs to the speakers fine. However if i jiggle the cable any even to like pick up the phone to change songs it will skip to the next song. This happens with the media player that comes install on the phone and with pandora.

I also have a 3.5mm cable thats male on both sides.. I use it to connect to my radios aux port in my car and it does the exact same thing. If i move the cable at all it will skip to the next song.

I looked on this forum and didnt see any mention of this so im hoping its not just me. Anyone?
    hmmm... sounds like a hardware fault, here is their support page HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post

hmmm... sounds like a hardware fault, here is their support page HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair
    nah its not a hardware issue, just the type of wire you plug into it. i am guessing there are variances of 3.5mm male connectors as only one of my wires makes it do this. see the other thread about this where i have talked about it freely.

Quote Originally Posted by dus1988 View Post

nah its not a hardware issue, just the type of wire you plug into it. i am guessing there are variances of 3.5mm male connectors as only one of my wires makes it do this. see the other thread about this where i have talked about it freely.
    yeah, i still think he should contact them, better to be safe than sorry
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yeah, i still think he should contact them, better to be safe than sorry
    always better to be safe thean sorry, i have the same issue and im just going to replace the wire i have with one that i test that does not affect the audio player

Does your headphone icon show up when you plug them in?

Hi,

I have a similar problem. The Android earbugs have 4 contacts, and three buttons, so that makes sense; the handset uses differences between 1 contact and the other 3 for each button. Normal 3.5 mm jacks have 3 contacts, so whichever contacts are normally together but are disrupted would be treated by the handset as a button press on the Android earbugs. This explains why you don't get a erroneous pause or back, it's always the same ('next'). This could be due to faulty 3.5 mm jack or worn down plug.

so if u move the cable even the slightest..the player skips a song..? would that apply to the earphones that came with the nexus one?

Quote Originally Posted by hahalove View Post
    so if u move the cable even the slightest..the player skips a song..? would that apply to the earphones that came with the nexus one?
    I actually noticed that it doesn't happen all the timeanymore. When itdoes I gotta unplug it and plug it back in.... seems to help. But no the standard headsets shoulndt have this problem. My other head phones don't make it happen, just my car 3.5mm does it.

Quote Originally Posted by hahalove View Post
    I actually noticed that it doesn't happen all the timeanymore. When itdoes I gotta unplug it and plug it back in.... seems to help. But no the standard headsets shoulndt have this problem. My other head phones don't make it happen, just my car 3.5mm does it.
    oh i see..feel sorry for you.. i was worried that what would happen if my earpiece did that..can't listen to my favourite songs..anyways good luck to your car jack

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links