@ Email (POP3) Issues

This is a discussion on @ Email (POP3) Issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am experiencing some POP3 email issues with the Nexus One. 1- When I go to check emails in the Inbox, older emails that were ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: @ Email (POP3) Issues

@ Email (POP3) Issues

I am experiencing some POP3 email issues with the Nexus One.

1- When I go to check emails in the Inbox, older emails that were there before have disappeared. Seems that every time I refresh (load more emails), the old emails get deleted and they do not go to the trash. They are gone completely.

2- Upon replying to an email, I noticed that the original text is not quoted and is removed from the sent email (when the email is viewed in the sent folder).

Anyone experiencing the same?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie View Post
    I am experiencing some POP3 email issues with the Nexus One.

1- When I go to check emails in the Inbox, older emails that were there before have disappeared. Seems that every time I refresh (load more emails), the old emails get deleted and they do not go to the trash. They are gone completely.

2- Upon replying to an email, I noticed that the original text is not quoted and is removed from the sent email (when the email is viewed in the sent folder).

Anyone experiencing the same?
    Is it possible that the option to delete older messages from the server as new ones arrive option is selected as i believe there a option along those lines?
    http://www.preyom.com-The Home of Mark Williams Cycling.

@India Whiskey Charlie - even I am experiencing the second issue. As you said, the original text is not quoted in the reply mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmarkster View Post
    Is it possible that the option to delete older messages from the server as new ones arrive option is selected as i believe there a option along those lines?
    I don't believe there is such an option at the server level. I download my POP3 emails using Outlook on my computers, on my iPod Touch and on my Nexus One. Both these portable devices are set not to delete any of the messages from the server. The iPod Touch never loses emails from the Inbox, whether read or unread. The Nexus One deletes all or any existing emails when it fetches for new ones.

As you can imagine, this is very frustrating. Especially, if you are on the road and you still have unread messages in the Inbox.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    @India Whiskey Charlie - even I am experiencing the second issue. As you said, the original text is not quoted in the reply mail.
    Yes, I believe the email portion of Android is its weakest point. I am even having intermittent problems with Gmail. I hope these get fixed real soon.

This may be useful for those experiencing my problem #1.

I pretty much gave up using the Email function for my Hotmail account. Every time I open it, it flags some of my emails as UNREAD, even though they're old and read. So I tried manually setting them to READ from within the Email menu. When I return to it, it still says they're UNREAD.

Try having your email Forwarded to you Gmail Account. Works for me

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Yes, it does. But, when you reply to an email that came to a different account when forwarded to Gmail, the reply will appear as if it came from the Gmail account. For some people, that may not be a valid option.

Quote Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Yes, it does. But, when you reply to an email that came to a different account when forwarded to Gmail, the reply will appear as if it came from the Gmail account. For some people, that may not be a valid option.
    Thats true I didn't think of that. Can't you just use the browser to view POP email? I know it works for Yahoo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links