Google Mail Sync

This is a discussion on Google Mail Sync within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I use google mail and it seems that refreshing will not work also. I will only get the email if I have the sync turned ...

Thread: Google Mail Sync

Google Mail Sync

I use google mail and it seems that refreshing will not work also. I will only get the email if I have the sync turned on. Makes no sense. Anyone else?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My understanding is that you cannot update your email while your wifi is on. This is apparently for security reasons. This seems totally rediculous and unacceptable for a smartphone.

I m having a problem with my gmail. I have been trying to forward an email with a pdf attachment. It just lists that email as sending, and never sends.

i get the red word sending but it eventually sends,, weather on wifi or 3g or edge,,, it sends..
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gogerst View Post
    My understanding is that you cannot update your email while your wifi is on. This is apparently for security reasons. This seems totally rediculous and unacceptable for a smartphone.

I m having a problem with my gmail. I have been trying to forward an email with a pdf attachment. It just lists that email as sending, and never sends.
    First I've heard of this, and I have NO issue getting/sending emails over wifi. I think this board would light up with complaints if this were the case.
    This is exactly the issue I am having. I do not yet have my sim card for T-Mobile and am only using WiFi. When first logging in to my Gmail account everything synced over WiFi but now I am unable to send or see new messages. I do see an indication at the top that there is a new message it just does not display ( refresh) on-screen.

When I manually sync some sort of an error pops up very quickly and I am unable to read it.

When scrolling all the way to the bottom of my list of e-mails there is a message that says "! No Connection" with a button to retry. But it never works.

I don't think it's a WiFi problem but it's something else. Anyone have an idea?

Test done

UPDATE:

Just conducted a test by adding an additional Gmail account to the phone.

Had no problem sending and receiving e-mail from the new account over WiFi. Does anybody have any idea why it would have problems with the main account?

Thought I would delete the account that was giving me problems and reset it up. But I cannot do that because it says that I will have to reset the phone to factory settings to do so.

Any ideas would be welcome!

I had the same problem, after switching on the sync tho in settings its sending emails and reciving no problems over wifi and 3g

UPDATE:

Used a video camera to be able to capture the message that flashed up on the screen so quickly. It says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be right back shortly."

It's Working

What I did to get it working is I logged out of my account on my computer. Then I shut down the phone and waited a few minutes and then started it back up. And everything was working again, it had even sent the messages out that it had saved.

Question smsmessages

:iphone:does anyone know why my sms text messages will not sync. It did when I first got the phone and it always worked on G1. I could go to my pc and open my gmail account and see all my text messages and contacts now neither will snyc to my gmail account. Any sugestions

does any1 know why when u receive a message and u click the unlock button and the phone lights up but u dont actually unlock it the message icon is there to show u there is a new messege but once the phone goes to sleep a few seconds later and u press the lock button to light up the screen again the messege notification is gone....so fkn annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREH%$EJA%E JHER
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links