Lid stuck on Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Lid stuck on Nexus One? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am having trouble removing the back-lid on my Nexus One. I try to slide it off exactly as shown in the online instructions, and ...

Thread: Lid stuck on Nexus One?

Lid stuck on Nexus One?

I am having trouble removing the back-lid on my Nexus One. I try to slide it off exactly as shown in the online instructions, and it simply wont budge. Actually, that's not entirely true..it budges maybe a millimeter, then refuses to move after that.

Considering I bought it online and have now become quite dependent on it, I dare not force the lid for fear of breaking the phone.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have some tip I am not aware of for removing the back lid?

- Greymarch
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Greymarch View Post
    I am having trouble removing the back-lid on my Nexus One. I try to slide it off exactly as shown in the online instructions, and it simply wont budge. Actually, that's not entirely true..it budges maybe a millimeter, then refuses to move after that.

Considering I bought it online and have now become quite dependent on it, I dare not force the lid for fear of breaking the phone.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have some tip I am not aware of for removing the back lid?

- Greymarch

Dang thats harsh. If you open by force and break it they might not give you a exchange..

The way I slide off the battery cover is:

Hold the Nexus screen down in your palm with one hand. I hold on to the sides of the phone to grip.

With my other palm, I place it on the battery cover, and gently push up, and it should *click* and slide up/open.

It requires a bit of push, but you should never FORCE IT. Just give it a bit of wiggle if something is hooked or stuck.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links