Problem witb alarm clock

This is a discussion on Problem witb alarm clock within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi everyone, just a quick question, just wondering if anyone has had this issue, I've set 4 alarms on the phone set for everyday and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem witb alarm clock

Problem witb alarm clock

Hi everyone, just a quick question, just wondering if anyone has had this issue, I've set 4 alarms on the phone set for everyday and after they went off on the Wednesday they didn't go off on Thursday, I then noticed in the alarm clock app it still said Wed 0600? It didn't automatically change to the next day, any ideas? Thanks for any replies.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't have the phone, but in the user manual, here's what it says:

- Touch Time to set the time of the alarm.
    - Touch Ringtone to select a ringtone for the alarm.
    - Touch Vibrate to have the phone vibrate, in addition to playing the ringtone.
    - Touch Repeat to set the days when you want the alarm to sound.
    If you donít set a repeat, the alarm sounds only one time.

- Touch Label to enter a name for the alarm.
    - When youíre finished, touch Done.

problem with alarm

Did all of those things its set to repeat every day at 6,6:30,6:45 and 7, all alarms were lit up green and this morning still had same problem, woke up at 7:45(had to be in work at 8!), and alarm showed it was set to go off at 6am, I checked the phones time and date all ok even double checked alarms before I fell asleep and it said 6hrs etc till alarm but for some reason it doesn't think its time to go off! Might have to invest in a seperate alarm clock, thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by britgeek42 View Post
    Did all of those things its set to repeat every day at 6,6:30,6:45 and 7, all alarms were lit up green and this morning still had same problem, woke up at 7:45(had to be in work at 8!)
    I really hope some health advocate agencies step up and campaign about how bad these snooze schedules are. 15 minutes of sleep does not allow you to reach a useful cycle, so in fact you deprive yourself an entire hour of sleep in this way.

The best way to set an alarm sure to keep you up is to put one inside a box with a dial-lock, or some other mechanism that requires you to be fairly aware to open. Keep it on the other side of the room from the bed as well. This is really for your sake, as you will find it is much easier to get up with that extra hour of sleep as well!! No joke!

Okay, as for the technical issue, you need to specify the interval of repeat. Your alarm is currently set to "repeat" on every wednesday (i.e. weekly) instead of daily.

Good luck. Please at least give the alternative I suggested a try.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    I really hope some health advocate agencies step up and campaign about how bad these snooze schedules are. 15 minutes of sleep does not allow you to reach a useful cycle, so in fact you deprive yourself an entire hour of sleep in this way.
    I find it best just to get up...snooze=lose IMHO

Dang i had the same problem. I had my alarm at three four and five on, but i only rang at five. So annoying!!!

I've noticed issues with the alarm as well. I have one alarm set to repeat Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 6am. But on several days the alarm did not go off even though it was turned on. Every night I verified that the Clock page said "This alarm is set to go off in x hours and xx minutes." But on several mornings it would not go off.

He is better off setting ONE alarm to go off every day at 6:15 AM and setting the snooze feature to go off every 15 minutes. This is better than setting 4 different alarms to do the same thing. Not that snoozing is good for you, but this is a better method.

Also, make sure that you have the box checked for "Alarm in silent mode". This will allow the alarm to go off even when the volume is all the way down.

Check the alarm volume from the alarm settings screen. It may need to be reset.

Check the media volume. This may have some affect on the alarm. I dont know.

Now the alarm will have no excuse for not going off.

Are you running Advanced Task Manager? That seems to have a bug that breaks the alarm clock - it came up on xda forums a few days ago.

Its been ok the last 2 days, I am running advanced task manager, I normally kill all selected apps, I've had the alarm clock deselected and running in background and all seems OK at the minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links