Problem when joining phone contact with facebook contact

This is a discussion on Problem when joining phone contact with facebook contact within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm able to join the Facebook contacts with my Google contacts, but no matter what I do, it always seems to change my contact's name ...

Thread: Problem when joining phone contact with facebook contact

Problem when joining phone contact with facebook contact

I'm able to join the Facebook contacts with my Google contacts, but no matter what I do, it always seems to change my contact's name to display what they have on their Facebook. For example, my mom and dad both have Facebook accounts, and after joining thier profiles, it doesn't show them as "Mom" and "Dad", but as their names. It's kind of annoying, because now whenever I try to find them, I have to look under their names. Has anybody else figured out a way around this?

did anyone encounter this? how to solve this problem anyway??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

One way around this is to edit the contact and separate the two. This way you will have two contacts for your mom and two for your dad.

Click on your moms contact / menu / edit / menu / separate / choose the facebook contact / done

This will work, but it makes it a little harder for you to quickly view your moms facebook page because the link will be located under the contact with her full name.

Also, there is an app called Contacts Evolved that organizes your Gmail contact groups in tabs for quick viewing of each group. This app sorts the contacts by the Gmail contact name instead of the Facebook name.

If you select a contact and do a long press on the phone number, you can select it as the primary number. A green telephone icon will then appear next to the name for quick dialing.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links