I was so excited .... but

This is a discussion on I was so excited .... but within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; there are just SO MANY bugs with the N1!!! Here are a few I hope gets resolved pronto! 1. Cannot sync contacts with Outlook (Major ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was so excited .... but

I was so excited .... but

there are just SO MANY bugs with the N1!!!

Here are a few I hope gets resolved pronto!

1. Cannot sync contacts with Outlook (Major deal breaker!)

2. When it mounts with my computer, oddly enough, it activates my Olympus application. I'm guessing this is to sync the photos ... BUT there is problem actually moving photos to the phone. According to my PC app, it states that the folders are in the phone, but when I go to Gallery in the phone, it's empty.

3. MMS, not going out and not coming in.

4. No iTunes or Nokia PC Suite type of application that would make EVERYTHING so easy.

These are freaking frustrating problems to be having! LOOK at the forums! People are surfacing so many other problems!!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

1. Yes the Outlook limitations are a major fail. If you export your Outlook contacts to a CSV file, you can import them into Gmail. Basically, this is a work around because when you create new contacts in Outlook you will have to put them in Gmail as well.

2. Putting pics on your N1 is a drag and drop process. Find the camera on the SD card and just drop em in that folder. Unmount it properly and all should be good.

3. Is the MMS issue happening to everyone, or just your device? I dont understand why this would not be working properly.

4. I agree; there should be a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    1. Yes the Outlook limitations are a major fail. If you export your Outlook contacts to a CSV file, you can import them into Gmail. Basically, this is a work around because when you create new contacts in Outlook you will have to put them in Gmail as well.
    OK, looks like I'll have to try that ...

2. Putting pics on your N1 is a drag and drop process. Find the camera on the SD card and just drop em in that folder. Unmount it properly and all should be good.
    That's what I thought too ... but it doesn't seem to the case. What do you mean by 'find the camera on the SD card'?

3. Is the MMS issue happening to everyone, or just your device? I dont understand why this would not be working properly.
    Not sure ... I'm sure it's some blooming setting I have to tweak .... point is ... WHY do such problems exist??? If it really just a tweaking thing, why wasn't it done?

After you mount your N1 to your PC, go to My Computer and open the mass storage device.

A list of files will come up. If you click on one of them, another set of files will appear and one of them will say "Camera". All of your devices images and photos are in that file. This is where you want to drag and drop photos into.

After you import your CSV file into Gmail, let me know if it does not work properly. All of the data should go into the contact fields. Sometimes, the data will go into the contact "Notes" field. I can help you fix this if it happens. Hopefully it will just import over correctly.

1. Thats a bit of turnoff. Hopefully they'll add the support soon.

2. That actually is something to do with the software. Nexus isn't the problem.

3. Again, I would blame this on the your carrier.

4. I wish there was a syncing program for Android that works with pictures music and vids. I really want one =]

For point 3, as ezeddiekun said, this is an issue with your carrier. If you use AT&T, you may need to call them and provide your IMEI, especially if you were previously using an iPhone (also, they may lower your data price).

I really hate iTunes and Nokia PC suite, so to me not having it is a huge bonus. People are used to being limited to a few simple options. Having open access is much much more powerful; it just takes a little time to learn. Like, an hour tops, just give it a shot. If you are using an Olympus application as well, then chances are you have 10's of programs doing what just a few click on your own could achieve, and less effectively. In the long run, you are using more time and energy jumping through their hoops, rather than understanding how your computer sorts these things.

Take a look At Touchdown for Exchange.....Works 100%

After you mount your N1 to your PC, go to My Computer and open the mass storage device.

A list of files will come up. If you click on one of them, another set of files will appear and one of them will say "Camera". All of your devices images and photos are in that file. This is where you want to drag and drop photos into.

After you import your CSV file into Gmail, let me know if it does not work properly. All of the data should go into the contact fields. Sometimes, the data will go into the contact "Notes" field. I can help you fix this if it happens. Hopefully it will just import over correctly.
    Thanks Steve. Why didn't I think of doing that?? I guess it's because the Olympus interface popped up .... sheeeesh I'm such a twit.

As for the contacts issue ... I'll try to figure out how to create a CSV file ...

Sync With Double Twist!!!

If you want to have an iTunes like app, try double twist. I just downloaded it last night for my windows pc, and though it is in beta is a supposed to be a great way to sync music with android phones. It is free, so get it Double Twist.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

I created a CSV file and exported it to Gmail ... but some contacts didn't get through ... lost some profile pics and have only partial contact details for some people ... sigh ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links