Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts

This is a discussion on Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Mine reboots at night sometimes and the sd preparation noise goes off and wakes me up. I don't remember how many times, because I was ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts

Mine reboots at night sometimes and the sd preparation noise goes off and wakes me up. I don't remember how many times, because I was sleeping
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yah I think its a third party app too.. Some stupid apps cause crashes..

That happen to me once.. for when I noticed... I am not sure is that happen other time when I am not watching my phone.. ( I do watch my phone a lot of time ) ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Yah I think its a third party app too.. Some stupid apps cause crashes..

I've had one spontaneous reboot in 3 weeks of usage. I was swiping a home screen when a notification popped off, then it rebooted.

Don't the apps run in a sandbox though -- an app *shouldn't* be able to crash the phone...

well we gotta figure this out, it happened to me.

There are far too many reasons why the phone would restart. But most likely its because of how your apps are interacting with each other.

Even then, ALL phones will reboot some times. Specially when you are getting many different types of incoming messages/text/notifications.....
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

It has to be 3rd party apps...At least the probability is very high. When I start using a new phone, I go app crazy the second week. I never had the reboot problem until I installed these apps: BBC, Taskiller, USA TODAY, Youmail, Mabilo Ringtones, Apple Wallpapers. I have uninstalled BBC, since every time I killed the app, it somehow started itself up in the background. I have uninstalled a few other apps just to clear room... I'll get back to report if the problem is resolved. BTW, I'm not using live wallpapers. Just trying to establish a control.

Lorin Bute
    Hey all.

I've got a Nexus one last week. I seem to have a problem with the phone. My phone freezes and crashes a few times a day. Most of the times it happens when i run a game. One time it happened when browsing with the default browser. Another time it happened when someone was calling me. It just freezes and reboots by itself. I uninstalled all my apps and made a factory reset. The first time it happened i was browsing the internet on the first day i got it. No extra apps installed. I did 2 factory resets after that and no change. I'm in Europe...i hope i don't have to send it back for repairs all the way to the US. Oh, yeah, it was bought from the US.

My Nexus One has restarted 2-3 times a day since I got it (a month ago) it seems to happen more often when I'm actually using the phone (browsing the web, texting, or using an app) Has any one found a fix for this? Sometimes it restarts constantly (5+ times) until I finally take the battery out. Should I call to troubleshoot my phone? What number are you all calling (Google, HTC or your carrier) to get help? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes11882 View Post
    My Nexus One has restarted 2-3 times a day since I got it (a month ago) it seems to happen more often when I'm actually using the phone (browsing the web, texting, or using an app) Has any one found a fix for this? Sometimes it restarts constantly (5+ times) until I finally take the battery out. Should I call to troubleshoot my phone? What number are you all calling (Google, HTC or your carrier) to get help? Thank you!
    I would first try a factory reset, run the phone a few days without adding apps, to ensure it's not a simple software incompatibility. Calling HTC would likely yield the same response, but at least you could start a trouble-ticket history with them (case number) and refer to it if you end up returning for repair/replacement.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n....html#post4316

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links