Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts

This is a discussion on Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Mine did it today once; first time ever since i've had it though. Strange. I didn't notice it had restarted until I was going to ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts

Mine did it today once; first time ever since i've had it though. Strange. I didn't notice it had restarted until I was going to pick it up and saw the 'X' firing away.

mine started doing that in the last 2 weeks and i've had my phone since february...i noticed that it does that when battery is running low (~20%), and i'm playing with either "target" or "open word search" apps (it happened once when i was using google maps too)....i'm gonna delete these two apps and see if that makes a difference before i do a factory reset...

Unhappy

ok....now i can't get my phone to work!!....it was rebooting again randomly today and now it is stuck on the X...it won't go pass the X!!!...i tried taking out the battery SEVERAL times, i waited an hour, all to no avail!!....the funny thing is i was planning on doing the factory reset tonite!!...aaaarrggghhh!!....damn! i only had this phone for 3 months!!

ajr

Unhappy Nexus One Rebooting

Same problem here, bought a new N1 on 19th May 2010 from Google.
    when the phone's cold (I put it in the fridge inside a plastic bag for 15 mins) it works fine.
    As soon as it gets a bit warm, about skin temperature it goes into a reboot cycle.
    Returned it to HTC with the above description.
    Got it back yesterday, same problem remains!

Gonna try upgrading to Froyo and see if that cures it?

Had my N1 replaced for another reason and took it on vacation this week after everything seemed to work OK. I found that this phone didn't play nice with my car dock. It rebooted after a mile or so while using Google maps for navigating and did so repeatedly. When I took it out of the dock, I noticed it was unacceptably hot to touch. Navigating with the phone in my hand or in the cup holder was fine. It only had a problem with the dock. Since I never had this issue with my previous phone, I thought it could be the rental cars electrical system, so I waited till I got home to test it in my car which I didn't have occasion to do before I left. The same thing happened and now I'm waiting on another replacement phone. If it happens again, I guess the dock will be next to replace. It's a good thing the Google and HTC reps are so nice and helpful.

Vibration Theory

I also have a Nexus one experiencing restart problems primarily while using navigation with GPS. Like many of you, I had no problem initially and then the problem started to occur more and more frequently to the point that navigation with GPS is essentially no longer possible due to the restart frequency. This, and the fact that I drive a heavily modified sports car with solid engine mounts (i.e. a lot of virbration transmitted through the body of the car) got me to thinking...I wonder if the problem is that the internals of the phone, GPS in particular, can not handle the vibrations that must be transmitted through the car dock when mounted to the dashboard. Just a thought...I just called in for my replacement today (they were great to deal with) and I will probably try to find a new mounting set up once I have the new phone. Anyone have any ideas for a setup that will absord the shock a little better than the current solid contact mount? I'm thinking about one of those old slinky looking bobble head toys from the 80's should do the trick if I can find one on ebay!

Thoughts???

Since receiving my replacement N1, I've used it extensively in GPS mode in the same car dock as the previous phone. While it does warm up, it does not get excessively hot, nor does it reboot.

Interesting because I was just thinking it actually could be the dock. I switched to my wife's car today and therefore her dock. To my surprise my first test resulted in NO restarts. I am going to use it for the rest of the week before I draw conclusions. Updates to follow; but I would much rather replace a dock than the phone.

Yeah, but I'm still using my original dock with no heating and rebooting issues. It was the last N1 that wouldn't play nice with the dock, not the other way around.

Understood. I am definitely skeptical about the dock theory; but hey, if it works I will take it. I think my first theory is more likely and that being that the excessive vibration from my car is shaking the gps to it's core. We'll see. HTC was great and quick to send the new one; but I told them to hold off for a week to see if the dock theory holds up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links