Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts

This is a discussion on Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I gotta say...dealing with Google, then HTC tech support has been a pleasure compared to previous experiences. It makes the problems I've had with the ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nexus one automatically shuts down and restarts

I gotta say...dealing with Google, then HTC tech support has been a pleasure compared to previous experiences. It makes the problems I've had with the N1 tolerable.

Hey guys,

I have had the same reboot issue with the car dock. I noticed my phone could not do Google Maps/Navigation and charge in the dock at the same time. I installed a temperature app and noticed it got to 42 Deg C when it would start to reboot after about 15-20 minutes of driving. If I pulled out the charger it could do Navigation with no issue. I called Google and they are sending me a new dock first to see if that fixes it.

I decided later to try and factory reset which loaded back Google Maps 4.0 and noticed no issues while driving around. I then upgraded Maps up to 4.3 and the issue came back. I uninstalled 4.3 update and the problem seemed to go away (over 40 minutes of driving) and the temperature was 6 Deg C cooler. I am thinking it may be the update which I think came out recently (6/22). It certaintly is frustrating!
    Jay

Interesting. Didn't know about the temp app. What's it called? I'd like to install it. In my case, I suspected the phone, not the dock since I had previously replaced the phone for other issues and it worked fine with the dock as does my present one.

The app is called TempMonitor Lite. It is free and you can put in up in the notification bar. It displays only in Celsius, but it does the trick. There is also a paid version but I didn't try that one. Right now I am sticking with the original version of the Google Maps that came preinstalled although it looks like Android 2.2 is now officially out. I am not sure what version of Google Maps comes preinstalled with that for the N1.

Jay

Thanks Jay

Maybe is the battery!!!???!!!!

Not the battery in my case as replacement phones come sans battery and I simply installed the original in the new N1.

Ok, so the alternate dock theory did not work out so the replacement N1 is being shipped. However, something very interesting did happen this evening and I would be curious to see if others can test this out. My N1 was in the car dock and I was using Sling Player to listen (really, I wasn't watching and driving) to the red sox game. The phone restarted twice within about 15 minutes and GPS was disabled. Then I had a thought...I disconnected the power supply to see if that made a difference. I drove the rest of the way home, approximately 40 minutes, with no restarts. Yes, I realize the dock is relatively useless without a power supply; but I am just trying to figure out what's going on here. I will try this more tomorrow; but for the N1's that are only restarting in the car dock that is somewhat of an interesting clue nonetheless.

On my third phone. The N1 I just replaced heated up and restarted in the car dock when powered up. The one before that and the one after that don't and I've been using GPS quite a lot. It was a phenomenon only noted in that one phone. The battery and the car dock were never swapped out. That tells me, it was that particular phone.

I guess that is what I am thinking as well, that it may have something to do with the power supply or power connection in the particular phone. My fingers are crossed that the new one will be ok. We bought two, one for me and one for my wife. Hers was replaced already due to the spontaneous internal screen cracking while charging issue and now mine has the restart issue. That's a troubling failure rate! They also tried to charge me $115 for my wife's phone even though there was no "user induced" damage. I argued as long as I could and settled at $69. Fortunately my replacement for the restarts is free as far as I know so far.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links