Standby freezing

This is a discussion on Standby freezing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; same problem here.. damn it......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Standby freezing

same problem here.. damn it...

So I am not alone .. thank God!! Now if I can figure out why my phone goes str8 to speaker phone on an incoming call and the other person cant hear me so i have to pull the battery

Mine will freeze at anytime. I'll have an incoming call, the phone will freeze, I can't answer the phone and the phone locks up while displaying the incoming call information. The time doesn't move, the screen is frozen and nothing that I do other than removing the battery and re-installing it will get the phone working again.......annoying!!!!

Re: Standby freezing

Maybe this issue happens when we try to tamper with the phone's natural functions. I have been using my Nexus One for over 3 weeks now without a task killer app. So far I havent seen the phone slowing down or freezing or showing any slower performance. Maybe we should leave the N1 deal with background apps the way it's programmed to.
    That could be the solution to your issue.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

i had the same problem too here, the phone freeze but the scroll button still bleeping. this already happened twice to me, after receiving miss calls. hopefully HTC or google did know that the existence of this problem. i uninstall TasKiller already. lets see if it was really the culprit!

I've had the same issue. Tried installing different programs entirely and it seems to only freeze when I have hit a certain amount of memory. Have not narrowed that down yet but I'm leaning more toward some bad memory. Once it starts to use that memory block it locks up.

so far, after uninstall TasKiller, my nexus works just nice

I'm gonna rule this one as a third-party app issue.

Ever since I've took out a few original apps that I thought were the culprit, I've never had an issue again.

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post

Ever since I've took out a few original apps that I thought were the culprit, I've never had an issue again.
    What apps did you remove to stop it? I'm thinking astro file manager may be my culprit. I know it has a built in task killer so maybe that's the problem. Please share if you all have isolated a bad app.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfwise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post

What apps did you remove to stop it? I'm thinking astro file manager may be my culprit. I know it has a built in task killer so maybe that's the problem. Please share if you all have isolated a bad app.
    The only two major apps that I stopped using was "Advanced Task Killer" (replaced it with Advanced Task Manager) and the stock messaging app (replaced it with Handcent).

You can't uninstall stock Messaging app but if you replace it with Handcent, it'll never be called when your SMSs are incoming so...

I should also mention that I also did a factory reset a few months ago prior to starting fresh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links