Standby freezing

This is a discussion on Standby freezing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Noticed this happen about 2-3 times since I got the phone on launch day... was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I've noticed sometimes ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Standby freezing

Standby freezing

Noticed this happen about 2-3 times since I got the phone on launch day... was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I've noticed sometimes when I leave my phone alone (standby, screen turned off, etc) and try to unlock my phone, the phone does not power back on at all. And yes, battery still has a good amount of charge left.

I can press the power/wake button but no response. I hold the power/wake button and it does not boot either. Only a battery pull will allow the phone to boot go back to normal again.

Anyone have this problem before?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    Noticed this happen about 2-3 times since I got the phone on launch day... was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

I've noticed sometimes when I leave my phone alone (standby, screen turned off, etc) and try to unlock my phone, the phone does not power back on at all. And yes, battery still has a good amount of charge left.

I can press the power/wake button but no response. I hold the power/wake button and it does not boot either. Only a battery pull will allow the phone to boot go back to normal again.

Anyone have this problem before?
    Hey im having the same problem, did you find a way to fix it???

There were some people on the Google help forums having the same problem.

One guy got his replaced and still did it.

Google employee gave the standard answer of factory reset which apparently didn't help those people.

I did a factory reset last week and slowly trickled in what apps I installed previously to make sure it's not an app that's doing this.

The other day I installed 'Advanced Task Killer' app (which I also had before factory reset) after like 5 days of no problems. 3 minutes after installing that problem happened again. That was 2 days ago and I uninstalled the app once I got the problem again. Waiting another week without that app to see if it does it again.

It usually happens within 2-3 days but so far so good without the app. If it happens again without it, then I'm back to square one.

Same problem, I think it may be Advanced Task Killer which is the problem.

I have experienced this issue, and I have not installed the Advanced Task Killer Software. It happened about 2 times, but it eventually did come to, I just left it alone without opening it up and it came to on it's own when I returned to it; which was less than 30mins later.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaFur View Post
    I have experienced this issue, and I have not installed the Advanced Task Killer Software. It happened about 2 times, but it eventually did come to, I just left it alone without opening it up and it came to on it's own when I returned to it; which was less than 30mins later.
    SeaFur, did you have any SMS activities when it came back? I've a whole another theory on this now...

"Me Too": Phone freezing after standby enables

SeaFur, did you have any SMS activities when it came back? I've a whole another theory on this now...
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I dont have that task killer installed altho i have something similar (Android OS Monitor 1.0.8).

I've had to battery-pull about ten times so far - completely random times / time spreads. I havent had any SMS activity that I'm aware of but I do get missed call alerts, and YouMail (voicemail) alerts after rebooting.

Does anyone have thoughts / theories? Other than this the phone is fantastic, but this is one of those things obviously that I need to figure out (or Google-find-out etc) the cause of so it can be fixed.

Thanks in advance

Well on mine i had "Taskiler" installed, after uninstalling it, its working perfect again....

I don't quite remember, it has not happened again, But I have not been putting the device through heavy use; I will keep that in mind this weekend.

Same problem here. This is my second nexus one. The first one the cover didn't sit perfect ly. Now it wont turn back on after standby. I notice that it always happens quicker when I put it in my pocket. When I try to wake it back up I get a single green line at the topwith the rest black and the soft bottoms flash once. From there the phone remains dead and a battery pull is necessary. The phone gets hotter than it did with the first one. A few times instead of the black unresponive screen I got a glitchy washed out screen that eventually went black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links