Message Sender Misidentified on Notification Screen

This is a discussion on Message Sender Misidentified on Notification Screen within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yesterday, I sent a text message to Kim. Today, Stacey sent me a text message. In the Notifications pull-down summary, the message said it came ...

Thread: Message Sender Misidentified on Notification Screen

Message Sender Misidentified on Notification Screen

Yesterday, I sent a text message to Kim.

Today, Stacey sent me a text message.

In the Notifications pull-down summary, the message said it came from Kim and when I opened the message, it changed the sender to Stacey.

Very strange...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

:rofl3::D:rofl3:

BUSTEEEEEED!

Mine did the same thing. I was switching between all my girl's and ididnt know which one said what. Now that's not cool. I can't be getting wrapped up like that. LOL

I had a similar problem, I sent a message to Dan, but it went to Matt instead... Random.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Today I added a friend, Katie. When I hit save, for some reason it added her first name as "Marie". At first I thought it may have done a lookup to facebook or one of her Google accounts associated with her phone number and may have been a middlename she put in as her first, but she had no clue what it was about as she knew no Marie and it wasn't in her name.

A little while after I entered it and sent her a textmessage I restarted the phone. Now it shows up correctly.
    Rooted Nexus One

There is definately an issue with the contact labels in the SMS application. I'm pretty sure this is a bug with 2.1, as it wasn't on my Moto Droid. When I send a text to, lets say Jane, then switch and send one to Mary, even though it was sent to Mary, Jane's name and picture shows up in the thread. If you close the thread and reopen it, its back to Mary. It's got to be some sort of glitch. So far it's happend like 5 times to me.

That probably wasn't my issue, as I do not even know a Marie that it could have gotten confused with.
    Rooted Nexus One

Anyone know the solution?
    I never got problem like that, but I need to prepare if someday it happen to me

This is a HORRIBLE problem, and one that needs to be fixed soon. I haven't received my phone yet, but would potentially have SERIOUS issues if this occurred.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links