Amoled display issue

This is a discussion on Amoled display issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Very interesting read, abirkill. Thanks for shedding some light on the AMOLED screen. I'll be following this thread...please give us a link to your post ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amoled display issue

Very interesting read, abirkill. Thanks for shedding some light on the AMOLED screen. I'll be following this thread...please give us a link to your post on Google code issues board so we can follow there as well!

I'm searching around other forums to see if other people has noticed this issue but I only found one or two that noticed it. It sounds strange to me since i noticed this problem immediately and it still bothers me especially because it's not only with text but with everything else apart from pics and videos. for example if i look at the left edge of the notification bar i see little pink dots (the same pixels as the one of the text) and at the right edge i can see green dots (but these are very difficult to see). I really hope it's a common issue of amoled screens because it would be very difficult to me to get a replacement phone since I'm from italy...

Oh why oh why did you have to mention it?? Now I see the problem all the time when i didn't before!!!

Daaaaaammmn yooooou for ruining my Nexus One!!!!!!!!

j/k... (or half joking...)

I have the Droid too and the Droid's text is very smooth, quite a big difference if you look at it with that in mind.

What a pity!

Quote Originally Posted by Oohyeah View Post
    Oh why oh why did you have to mention it?? Now I see the problem all the time when i didn't before!!!

Daaaaaammmn yooooou for ruining my Nexus One!!!!!!!!

j/k... (or half joking...)

I have the Droid too and the Droid's text is very smooth, quite a big difference if you look at it with that in mind.

What a pity!
    I'm sorry for ruining your N1 at least thanks to this thread I know that's not only me that notices this thing....

Nexus One is no more good than Droid.

I have a Droid. When I received my Nexus One, I immediately notice that the text display on the screen is terrible compare to the Droid. Donít understand why Google ship such lame OLED on us?

I must have bad eyes. I tried finding any grainy or pixels that were odd, but couldn't. I mean my eyes were almost touching the screen. Maybe all you who see it have great eye sight?

Its a double edged sword. You want high color contrast but you lose resolution in exchange. It all depends on which one you would rather prefer. For me its the AMOLED because the resolution is unnoticable unless it is text. Color is extremely rich on the AMOLED, and best of all better battery life.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by drhu00 View Post
    I have a Droid. When I received my Nexus One, I immediately notice that the text display on the screen is terrible compare to the Droid. Donít understand why Google ship such lame OLED on us?
    I've had both the Droid and now the Nexus one as well and I would not call the Nexus One's screen terrible. I think they are both awesome in their own way. They are both crisp looking and big! I personally like them both much better than my former iPhone screen. I do like the contrast and how dark the blacks are; and also how bright the lights are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links