imap message sent on every sync

This is a discussion on imap message sent on every sync within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone run into this one before? - Nexus One, stock - Default email application - IMAP mail to a Zimbra server over SSL Replied to ...

Thread: imap message sent on every sync

imap message sent on every sync

Anyone run into this one before?

- Nexus One, stock
    - Default email application
    - IMAP mail to a Zimbra server over SSL

Replied to a message from my phone around midnight. Get into work and check my email and see my phone has sent that same email every 30 minutes (my sync schedule) since midnight.

I tried deleting the email from my Sent folder but every time I did that, it sent a new email. I've deleted the account on my phone and recreated it, and sent some test messages, and it doesn't seem to be reproducible.

Just thought I'd post here in case anyone else has run into this and has any suggestions about what's happening and how to avoid it. Obviously, at this point I am very hesitant to reply to any email at all from my phone which reduces its value considerably.

Any suggestions appreciated. TIA.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yup, just started using my Nexus One this week and have the exact same problem. Navigating to the "Sent" folder and manually synching that folder (via menu) seems to stop it. And nobody's complained that the message has actually been delivered multiple times even though it shows up dozens of times in my Sent view.

But it'd be nice if this "just worked." :-)

solution found

I'd forgotten about this post. I found the root cause of this problem and the workaround (use k-9) and wrote it up in my blog a while back:

Nexus Onederful: Using Yahoo! email via IMAP on the Nexus One

Just forgot to update this thread.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links