Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

This is a discussion on Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I called HTC today and they are sending a replacement for issues involving notifications. I have one contact that has their own sound effect. I ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

I called HTC today and they are sending a replacement for issues involving notifications. I have one contact that has their own sound effect. I have her set up for another one and it won't change at all. Also, my me.com email won't sound off with it's notification sound. I guess I'll see how quick they respond. At least they are sending it out, then I send them mine. Never w/out a phone.
    This process took over an hour as I got my Nexus by switching my iPhone with someone with a Nexus. They had his contact info and it was a minor nightmare straightening that out.

I can honestly Say WE ARE GETTING THE RUN AROUND! I just got off the phone with HTC AGAIN and they told me the SAME THING... "Well sir there seems to be a problem with Fed Ex, they are not sending us the proper shipping notifications.... BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

COME ON GUYS, THIS IS A JOKE!
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    I called HTC today and they are sending a replacement for issues involving notifications. I have one contact that has their own sound effect. I have her set up for another one and it won't change at all. Also, my me.com email won't sound off with it's notification sound. I guess I'll see how quick they respond. At least they are sending it out, then I send them mine. Never w/out a phone.
    This process took over an hour as I got my Nexus by switching my iPhone with someone with a Nexus. They had his contact info and it was a minor nightmare straightening that out.
    So your sending your phone back because of a software issue :/ This doesn't sound like a hardware problem ..Did you try restoring your phone?

This just made me sad. For someone like me who's phone literally cannot be used, this really stinks. I just made the call today and got an email, but never received the FedEX shipping label i was supposed to get thru email. If i don't have this resolved soon, i will undoubtly never again purchase anything HTC.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Update: I called again after the i spoke to the other customer service rep and the new rep tells me: "Well you did not receive your phone because you did not give them your credit card info"... I was like What Credit Card Info?.. "Well sir the original customer service rep was supposed to put a hold on a credit card for $530 dollars!!!! and then we would be able to send you a new phone".

What i was told by the original customer service rep was "we will send you the replacement phone, you should receive the new phone with-in two business days, in the box will be a pre-paid label to send the defective phone back, if we do not receive the defective phone back with0in 10 days we will charge the credit card on file that you used to purchase the original phone"

FOR THE PAST 8 DAYS NO ONE COULD TELL ME THAT I HAD TO GIVE THEM A CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!!!! so they could put a $530 HOLD ON IT for 10 days! This my friends is a text book of UNPLANNED AND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE for a product that has cost us allot of money. Again, i understand that the issue i have is not major but i should not have to have HTC put a hold on my CC for $530.00.

This is the problem with purchasing direct from Google...

I purchased my MOTO DROID from Best Buy, i have the full protection plan from Geek Squad, in the protection plan if i were to even drop and smash the phone/or there was a warranty issue, i could bring it back to ANY best buy and they would give me a new moto droid on the spot!

Here is the kicker you take a chance in getting a referb phone with other issues THEN when you call them they stick you in another category of RMA customers and it gets worst...Its Ridicules.

I have a random stuck pixel that shows uP every few days when i take out of standby once i unlock it goes away. So i set up an RMA I asked about if i was getting new or referb they said everyone is getting a fully tested referb. So i research here and on on XDA and Google support forum and i read all the stories so i called and canceled my RMA. Ill deal with my little problem since its so random and if it goes away permanently, great. If it gets worst then im covered for a year and id rather just have a screen replacement than take a chance in getting someone else s problems with a referb phone that was "fixed"

I don't know why they are handling things the way they are but they are going to ruin the Nexus name if they haven't already and its too bad because it really is a great device that has so much potential

So maybe im getting lucky? They said they put a hold on my CC for 23.00$ as a "check" to make sure i send them out my broken nexus one. But what is weird is that when i received the first email it stated that i would receive a phone with a return label for me to send back my broken one. Yet, when i received yet another email with a link to a Fed Ex shipping label for me to send my phone back first. What gives?
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

@Serial they have there heads up their asses. The $28 hold on your CC is for you to send back your phone... wait four days for them to get it then when they get it it has to go to tech which in turn will taken them a few days to check the phone for the defect and determine if it qualifies for a swap. Your being misled my friend.

I'm sad to say this rollercoaster ride is up for me boys. The best "superphone" has the "worst" customer care.

Quote Originally Posted by minedune2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    So your sending your phone back because of a software issue :/ This doesn't sound like a hardware problem ..Did you try restoring your phone?
    Of course I did...just following what the HTC rep said and he advised I get a swap..And that's what I did. This was THEIR solution, not mine. Oh, and it works now.

I got a replacement, it was shipped overnight. amazing service. Unfortunately, the replacement was also faulty! :P

So now I am waiting for my first to return, so that they can send me another. Overall I've had some really good service though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links