Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

This is a discussion on Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus I got a replacement, it was shipped overnight. amazing service. Unfortunately, the replacement was also faulty! :P So now I am ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    I got a replacement, it was shipped overnight. amazing service. Unfortunately, the replacement was also faulty! :P

So now I am waiting for my first to return, so that they can send me another. Overall I've had some really good service though.
    Um how is that good service if you returned one becasue it was faulty, then they sent you want that is faulty, now you have to wait for the original to be inspected then they will send you another one THAT WILL PROBABLY BE FAULTY. Sounds pretty terrible to me. I think i would contact my credit card company at that point and have the charges removed and go back to a flip phone.

Im all for this phone but I'm going to wait for the Verizon N1. Even one of the reps at HTC told me that Google did this as a trial run to work out all the bugs so this baby will be perfect for a major release on Verizon.
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    Im all for this phone but I'm going to wait for the Verizon N1. Even one of the reps at HTC told me that Google did this as a trial run to work out all the bugs so this baby will be perfect for a major release on Verizon.
    And you have the droid to tide you over in the meantime.
    Yes, which should be getting the 2.1 update soon. Im running the Gallery from 2.1 and it runs just as smooth on my droid..
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

I received mine a couple days ago and sent my old one back. Only took about 2 business days to get here.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So i finally got a chance to send back the Nexus one today. Heres to hoping i get it back quickly. Im currently using my G1 and i gotta say.....man i missed the little booger. Im rooted and loving Cyanogen's mods. I cant wait till he starts messing with our Nexus Ones.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

eyc
    I just ordered my replacement, too.

For those of you that received your replacement, was it just the phone without battery and other accessories? Or did you get a brand new package with everything included?

Quote Originally Posted by eyc View Post

For those of you that received your replacement, was it just the phone without battery and other accessories? Or did you get a brand new package with everything included?
    As far as i know you only send the phone and nothing else. No back cover, battery, simcard or memory card, JUST the phone. They will send you a replacement refurbished model after they review your phone for any non warranty-able claims.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

what's the refund policy for nexus one btw?

eyc
    Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post

As far as i know you only send the phone and nothing else. No back cover, battery, simcard or memory card, JUST the phone. They will send you a replacement refurbished model after they review your phone for any non warranty-able claims.
    Just to clarify on my post, HTC is actually sending me a replacement phone before I send in my defective one. So, yes, I paid the cost of a new phone, and will only get a refund when I send in my original.

What struck me as odd is that they are sending me ONLY the phone, with no battery or accessories or box. Yet, they claim that it is BRAND new. However, in my experience (with the BB Storm), if they sent you just a phone, it was a refurb. If they sent you a whole new box, it would be a brand new phone (as one would expect).

So, I'm wondering what happened with others who received replacement phones. Were they new or refurbs? Boxed or stripped?

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post

Just to clarify on my post, HTC is actually sending me a replacement phone before I send in my defective one. So, yes, I paid the cost of a new phone, and will only get a refund when I send in my original.

What struck me as odd is that they are sending me ONLY the phone, with no battery or accessories or box. Yet, they claim that it is BRAND new. However, in my experience (with the BB Storm), if they sent you just a phone, it was a refurb. If they sent you a whole new box, it would be a brand new phone (as one would expect).

So, I'm wondering what happened with others who received replacement phones. Were they new or refurbs? Boxed or stripped?
    I just received my RMA. I had couple of dusts stuck under the screen within 2 weeks...i thought i was always being careful with them but yeah. Although the tech told me that the phone will come brand new with the original box, it did not. the phone came stripped. I wouldn't doubt that the phone I received is refurbished. However, the phone seems to be in like brand new condition. I'm going to inspect further and make sure that it doesn't have any other hardware problems. since i can return/refund them within 30 days of purchase, if i feel that this phone has a problem too, i'll just get a refund and wait it out for another phone .

that said, i lost all my apps that i purchased in the previous phone. do you know how I can get them back? can i purchased them again without a charge as long as I'm on the same google account?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links