Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

This is a discussion on Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; ^ Yes, as long as you're on the same google account you can go re-download your apps at no charge. Edit: I got my new ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

^ Yes, as long as you're on the same google account you can go re-download your apps at no charge.

Edit: I got my new phone last week, already has some sort of fiber under the glass, i give up...
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im still battling with HTC, got off the phone with one of the Warranty Reps and at the end of the convo he told me what every other Rep told me. YOU WILL GET THE EMAIL WITH YOUR "RETURN" LABLE TOMORROW.. I then asked the Rep, "Why was i told i would definitely be receiving the label today" he replied, "well he was misinformed" i then say "what if i do not receive the label tomorrow as you promise" his reply, "YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO KEEP CALLING"!! WHAT?? Are you serious HTC....

Is it me or is this just freaking ridiculous? Here's to another day!
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    Im still battling with HTC, got off the phone with one of the Warranty Reps and at the end of the convo he told me what every other Rep told me. YOU WILL GET THE EMAIL WITH YOUR "RETURN" LABLE TOMORROW.. I then asked the Rep, "Why was i told i would definitely be receiving the label today" he replied, "well he was misinformed" i then say "what if i do not receive the label tomorrow as you promise" his reply, "YOUR JUST GOING TO HAVE TO KEEP CALLING"!! WHAT?? Are you serious HTC....

My answer is dispute with credit card company/bank,,I am not paying for something that i cant have or broken on arrivial. I bet they will get the ball rolling once they see your credit card company is involved. If they dont, then the bank will kindly take your money out of there bank within 30 days and put it back in your account.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post

My answer is dispute with credit card company/bank,,I am not paying for something that i cant have or broken on arrivial. I bet they will get the ball rolling once they see your credit card company is involved. If they dont, then the bank will kindly take your money out of there bank within 30 days and put it back in your account.
    yeah, i thought about that.. if i get more BS tomorrow then im contacting my bank.. too bad.. and to think that ill get the N1 when VZW gets it, not if i have to purchase from google.com and deal with HTC again!!
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

mah
    Quote Originally Posted by imiller913 View Post
    ok quick question so how will they compensate the early adopters when they get all the bugs worked out if it can't be fixed with a software update?
    The only compensation you get to count on is being able to try out the phone first. Anything else, while appreciated, should not be expected. This is the way of technology.

If I could have back every dollar I've spent on bleeding edge technology in the past 20 years... well, I'd have quite a few extra dollars to spend on the next hot new device

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imiller913 View Post
    ok quick question so how will they compensate the early adopters when they get all the bugs worked out if it can't be fixed with a software update?
    The only compensation you get to count on is being able to try out the phone first. Anything else, while appreciated, should not be expected. This is the way of technology.

If I could have back every dollar I've spent on bleeding edge technology in the past 20 years... well, I'd have quite a few extra dollars to spend on the next hot new device
    With that being said, im done with buying into the first of everything. I've been a hardcore gadget addict for a long, long time and i have always shelled out the pretty penny for being able to claim first dibs on a piece of technology. After the Nexus one replacement reaches my cold lifeless hands, im done till the nexus ten comes out. :-D

Update : Heres what HTC reps put down as my "issue" with the phone. I dont want a repair, i want a replacement. Sigh....using my G1 is making me feel like i should have just stuck with it instead of buying into the Droid or Nexus One.

Ticket Info

Service Type: Repair

Service Model: C4-On site exchange

Failure Description: cx pressing on the display can cause display to go black. Appears to be loose connection to LED display.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post

With that being said, im done with buying into the first of everything. I've been a hardcore gadget addict for a long, long time and i have always shelled out the pretty penny for being able to claim first dibs on a piece of technology. After the Nexus one replacement reaches my cold lifeless hands, im done till the nexus ten comes out. :-D

Update : Heres what HTC reps put down as my "issue" with the phone. I dont want a repair, i want a replacement. Sigh....using my G1 is making me feel like i should have just stuck with it instead of buying into the Droid or Nexus One.

Ticket Info

Service Type: Repair

Service Model: C4-On site exchange

Failure Description: cx pressing on the display can cause display to go black. Appears to be loose connection to LED display.
    I've got the cojones to be first adopter, it's in my blood. Highest price paid, earliest to enjoy (or disappoint), and the first to see if the beta testers (hey, I'm one of them dudes too!) truly did their jobs! That's what beta testing does to you over time...teaches you to not sweat the small stuff, crashes happen, you just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and do it all over again...a daredevil mentality. Bring it on, *****es! :rofl3:
    After 15 years of being an early adopter, im hanging my towel up on this one. Ive been thru my share of problems, ghetto repairing problems to even debugging my own hardware and software. This one just made me rethink the whole thing. Suddenly i feel like going back to good ol' Windows Mobile 5.1 :rofl3:. Either that or jumping on the iPhone bandwagon and getting a "perfect" phone. I dunno...

Either that or jumping on the iPhone bandwagon and getting a "perfect" phone. I dunno...
    That would be a mistake....

Just head on down to your local Apple store and hang around the Genius Bar for an hour or so and listen to all the issues that the "perfect" phone has. I did it on the advice of a friend and it's an eye opener! It's definitely NOT a perfect phone by any stretch and now Apple is in the position of playing catch up and from the looks of the iPad, they have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by misticjeff View Post
    Either that or jumping on the iPhone bandwagon and getting a "perfect" phone. I dunno...
    That would be a mistake....

Just head on down to your local Apple store and hang around the Genius Bar for an hour or so and listen to all the issues that the "perfect" phone has. I did it on the advice of a friend and it's an eye opener! It's definitely NOT a perfect phone by any stretch and now Apple is in the position of playing catch up and from the looks of the iPad, they have a long way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    After 15 years of being an early adopter, im hanging my towel up on this one. Ive been thru my share of problems, ghetto repairing problems to even debugging my own hardware and software. This one just made me rethink the whole thing. Suddenly i feel like going back to good ol' Windows Mobile 5.1 :rofl3:. Either that or jumping on the iPhone bandwagon and getting a "perfect" phone. I dunno...
    That would be a mistake. As a dev, you'd be missing out on a huge piece of the future, as I think the writing is on the wall wrt Apple vs. Android (open vs. closed). So you got a bum piece of hardware..it happens to Apple and everyone else regularly, whether brand spanking new, or several rev's in...man up and forge ahead.
    Wow, relax fellas. I was merely upset at the fact that i had to send in my phone to be repaired. I have about 27ish phones and counting. Mostly because i love the technology and the programming aspect of it. This also includes owing several iPhones (1st gen thru 3GS). I forget how taboo it is to speak of anything BUT Android here. Truth be told, you guys are cutting yourselves short being die hard fans of one brand. I simply love them all, so im not biased towards one brand or model. But to move along here, it appears that HTC is repairing my phone rather than sending me a refurbished model. I am happy and upset at this mainly because i wish i had received it sooner rather than waiting till it is repaired. Here's to hoping that i receive it within this week. Cheers!

So i received my phone and it's as good as new. :-)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links