Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

This is a discussion on Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Glad you got your phone. I, on the other hand, am now on week 3 of this debacle. I just got off the phone with ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

Glad you got your phone. I, on the other hand, am now on week 3 of this debacle. I just got off the phone with warranty/repairs and they still haven't sent it out. I'm in the Middle East right now, so I can't be available to sign for the phone and Fedex Direct Signature requires the person with the name on the waybill to sign. They agreed to ship the phone to my neighbor across the street a week ago so she could hand it to my sister who would then ship it to me through APO. The phone never went out. I called on 2-FEB at 1800hrs their time, and the girl I spoke to walked over to Escalations who called the warehouse while I waited. She SWORE the phone would go out the next day and to call for the tracking#. It is now noon on 4-FEB in TX and the phone hasn't even been shipped. The rep also stated that the address they were planning on sending it to was MY address, which means the phone would have simply been unsuccessfully delivered 3 times and shipped back to HTC again. The rep once again told me that his supervisor would have Escalations contact the warehouse and that it would go out today. I asked them to call me back with a tracking#, but I seriously doubt they will. My plan at this point is to call HTC every 6-8 hours until the phone is actually shipped to the correct address (my neighbor's).

I think at this point it's safe to say that God does not want me to have a Nexus One, and I'm fairly sure that God may actually be Steve Jobs. FML.

So, the latest in my Nexus saga... Apparently, my replacement was sent a month ago to my parents' house. I was not available to sign for it as I am in the Middle East, so Fedex would not deliver and sent it back to HTC. HTC has the phone in their possession, but they will not send another phone to me because they seem to have misplaced the previously sent phone and cannot find it in their warehouse. Escalations has been in contact with the warehouse in Houston and they will not ship another phone until they find the one that went back to them. I was actually told that they have received some packages with unreadable labels and they are going through them to check S/N's to see if one of them is my phone. My question to them yesterday was, what happens if they don't find it? Does that mean that a replacement will never be sent to me? I have a supervisor that has taken ownership of the issue and she states that she will stay with it until resolution, but I honestly believe this is going to be a long, drawn-out battle. At this point, it's almost cheaper for me to just cancel everything altogether, pay the 45 dollar restocking fee, and order a new phone. I am nearing my wit's end with this ordeal. I say we burn HTC with fire! Who's with me!

I got a call from HTC today, they told me that there was 0.00 repair cost on my phone, asked how the new one was working and told me to have a nice day. Quite nice of them, not what I was expecting.

Also the tracking of the service order online works very well. They update it frequently and it looks like they change the status by hand, not using some canned response.

Thanks HTC, you're a cool dude!
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    So i received my phone and it's as good as new. :-)
    See? You didn't 'cut yourself short' by bailing. :P Glad to hear HTC came through!
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...epair-2-a.html
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

So i received my phone and it's as good as new. :-)
    Are you still not going to be buying the newest gadgets? I've tried not to, but I just can't resist when it comes close to launch dates. The closer it gets to a launch the more I justify WHY I must buy the new toy even though I know what to expect as far as problems go. I just can't bring myself to stop buying the newest toys if I can afford them.

Quote Originally Posted by eyc View Post
    I just ordered my replacement, too.

For those of you that received your replacement, was it just the phone without battery and other accessories? Or did you get a brand new package with everything included?
    As far as i know you only send the phone and nothing else. No back cover, battery, simcard or memory card, JUST the phone. They will send you a replacement refurbished model after they review your phone for any non warranty-able claims.
    I sent mine in on Friday and I checked the tracking # today and it is there already. By the way I spoke to a couple of different reps, they are not sending out refurbished phones. I was guaranteed a brand new phone. If not it will be going back also.

Quote Originally Posted by kcs7272 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eyc View Post
    I just ordered my replacement, too.

For those of you that received your replacement, was it just the phone without battery and other accessories? Or did you get a brand new package with everything included?
    As far as i know you only send the phone and nothing else. No back cover, battery, simcard or memory card, JUST the phone. They will send you a replacement refurbished model after they review your phone for any non warranty-able claims.
    I sent mine in on Friday and I checked the tracking # today and it is there already. By the way I spoke to a couple of different reps, they are not sending out refurbished phones. I was guaranteed a brand new phone. If not it will be going back also.
    How will you be able to tell? They told me my phone would be new also and it certainly looked new but I don't have any way of knowing for sure. I figure if I can't tell, then what difference does it make. Some people have even said they PREFER refurb phones since they are thoroughly inspected by hand and don't come off some assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    How will you be able to tell? They told me my phone would be new also and it certainly looked new but I don't have any way of knowing for sure. I figure if I can't tell, then what difference does it make. Some people have even said they PREFER refurb phones since they are thoroughly inspected by hand and don't come off some assembly line.
    You should be able to go into your phone info. There you will find information pertaining to the build date and refurb. status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    You should be able to go into your phone info. There you will find information pertaining to the build date and refurb. status.
    Interesting. First time I'm hearing about this. Can you tell me exactly how to find my build date and refurb status? I don't see it in 'about phone'.

Just got off the phone with HTC... My wifes N1 was restarting nearly every day. It was sluggish, and the power button didn't work right. At one poibnt neither did the volume buttons.

I decided to get a free replacement. it arrives in teh next few days and then I send the broken one back on their dime. The guy at HTC was very helpful and straight forward. It sucks i have to get a replacement, but at least the process (so far) has been painless.
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links