Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

This is a discussion on Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I was told by my HTC customer service rep that i was to receive a new N1 because of my screen issue that i have ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

Has anyone received their "Replacement" N1 from HTC that was supposed to get one?

I was told by my HTC customer service rep that i was to receive a new N1 because of my screen issue that i have been having.. I have yet to see the replacement N1, its been 4 business days...

Has anyone also been told they were going to be receiving a new N1 because of issues with software/hardware and not received one or at least get an e-mail confirming SHIPMENT of said replacement?
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I feel your pain. I received my N1 on 11-JAN. It was my first Android phone, and I was having a blast playing with it... for the few hours it worked. I rebooted the phone after installing a few apps from the Market, and it would not boot past the static :nexusx: screen. I rebooted several times, and it would not go past :nexusx:. I called HTC and they walked me through a factory reset. I was able to make it to the fastboot screen and clear the memory, but when it would boot up again, I would get the lovely :nexusx: and nothing more. I was on the phone with HTC for 2 hours, and it got to the point where the phone would simply not turn on anymore. It would not respond and was completely dead. HTC advised me that they would perform a device swap, and I have yet to receive my replacement. I have heard everything from "your swap was setup incorrectly" to "we've been having warehouse issues" to "there were delays because of the holiday". I just want my damn N1 already! I've been very patient with them, but I have reached the point where I will call them once per day until the issue is completely resolved. OP, keep us posted. I will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06Boricua View Post
    I feel your pain. I received my N1 on 11-JAN. It was my first Android phone, and I was having a blast playing with it... for the few hours it worked. I rebooted the phone after installing a few apps from the Market, and it would not boot past the static :nexusx: screen. I rebooted several times, and it would not go past :nexusx:. I called HTC and they walked me through a factory reset. I was able to make it to the fastboot screen and clear the memory, but when it would boot up again, I would get the lovely :nexusx: and nothing more. I was on the phone with HTC for 2 hours, and it got to the point where the phone would simply not turn on anymore. It would not respond and was completely dead. HTC advised me that they would perform a device swap, and I have yet to receive my replacement. I have heard everything from "your swap was setup incorrectly" to "we've been having warehouse issues" to "there were delays because of the holiday". I just want my damn N1 already! I've been very patient with them, but I have reached the point where I will call them once per day until the issue is completely resolved. OP, keep us posted. I will do the same.

They gave me the same line today! There was a mistake in the shipping.. "your swap was set up the wrong way", we probably spoke to the same guy! they are nice people.. Just not great service..

I can honestly say that i think they are trying, they are just getting bombarded with calls etc because this device is so new and there are so many user errors and actual software issues that they don't know wether to just send a new unit out or not.. LOL.. Well if i don't get confirmation that my unit shipped i am just going to send this phone back... Wait for the Verizon N1 after all the kinks are worked out..

The tech at HTC even agreed with me that google wanted to just get these phones out in the market and see what bugs it had before it was brought to Verizon (before it was ready to play on the Big Reds team)..

Damnit were all test bunnies. But that still cant be true. They need atleast a lot more time to find out bugs and correct the units before verizons release. 3 month isnt enough time.

I've spoken to a few guys there already. I agree that they are nice and they're trying, but it seems as though they don't really know the best way to handle things right now. At first I told them that I was just going to send the phone back for refund because I didn't feel like being a beta tester for them. I was told that they would refund all of my money except for a $45 restocking fee. I immediately asked for a supervisor and explained that I should not have to pay 45 dollars to open the box and find that the phone was defective. He stated that they were offering a device swap for me and that Google is the one that imposes the fee and I would have to fight it with them. I decided to give the phone another try. I really do hate feeling like they've got me by the stones though. To make matters worse, I'm posting from Kuwait right now, which means that I have to rely on my family in Philadelphia to receive the new phone and sign for it, print the return label, and send the defective phone back. Ugh, this effing phone had better be worth all the trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    They gave me the same line today! There was a mistake in the shipping.. "your swap was set up the wrong way", we probably spoke to the same guy! they are nice people.. Just not great service..

I can honestly say that i think they are trying, they are just getting bombarded with calls etc because this device is so new and there are so many user errors and actual software issues that they don't know wether to just send a new unit out or not.. LOL.. Well if i don't get confirmation that my unit shipped i am just going to send this phone back... Wait for the Verizon N1 after all the kinks are worked out..

The tech at HTC even agreed with me that google wanted to just get these phones out in the market and see what bugs it had before it was brought to Verizon (before it was ready to play on the Big Reds team)..

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Damnit were all test bunnies. But that still cant be true. They need atleast a lot more time to find out bugs and correct the units before verizons release. 3 month isnt enough time.

Hate when people say we are test bunnies."not you in particular"' ..Of course we are beta testers. That's what geeks, nerds, technological advanced, etc......is for! Hence why they only sold 20,000. Google could of sold a million phone first week. Google knows how to market. Its not a mistake they only sold 20,000 phones first week, they are taking things very slow to keep from failing.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Hate when people say we are test bunnies."not you in particular"' ..Of course we are beta testers. That's what geeks, nerds, technological advanced, etc......is for! Hence why they only sold 20,000. Google could of sold a million phone first week. Google knows how to market. Its not a mistake they only sold 20,000 phones first week, they are taking things very slow to keep from failing.
    OMG. Best post ever. So much truth.
    NexusOne. :nexusx:

100% Agree. Thats why i purchased the phone.. Thats why i do not want to send it back, as Z06 stated "Love the phone and want to give it another try". I had the G1 when it first came out, iPhone when if first came out, Storm when it first came out (oh yeah... wanna talk about beta!), iPhone 3G, Palm Pre.. Etc... Etc....

Its one thing to be an early adopter, its another to spend $530.00 as an early adopter and get the runaround!

ok quick question so how will they compensate the early adopters when they get all the bugs worked out if it can't be fixed with a software update?

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post

100% Agree. Thats why i purchased the phone.. Thats why i do not want to send it back, as Z06 stated "Love the phone and want to give it another try". I had the G1 when it first came out, iPhone when if first came out, Storm when it first came out (oh yeah... wanna talk about beta!), iPhone 3G, Palm Pre.. Etc... Etc....

Its one thing to be an early adopter, its another to spend $530.00 as an early adopter and get the runaround!
    You're right, not only have HTC failed to inspire confidence in me - they failed to pick up the phone today from the correct address - (gave UPS the wrong one) - but my audio defect is minor and I really don't want to send it back. I know it's a defect because the in call audio on my wifes N1 is crystal clear but I've decided to perservere in the hope that:
    • One day I might be able to get it fixed locally
    • I'm afraid I'll be without a phone for ages thanks to HTC
    • I don't want to lose my engraving

So I've decided to keep my phone and stick it out

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links