Always roaming...

This is a discussion on Always roaming... within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys! I'm having a very weird issue with my Nexus. No matter where I am my phone says that I am roaming. If I ...

Thread: Always roaming...

Question Always roaming...

Hey guys!

I'm having a very weird issue with my Nexus. No matter where I am my phone says that I am roaming. If I turn on data roaming I can get 3G and Edge fine but I was worried that I was getting charged for it.

I called T-Mo and they said that I hadn't incurred any extra charges because, as far as they were concerned on their end, I wasn't roaming at all.

They referred me to Google's support who suggested I do a hard reset. I'm going to wait til this evening to try it out so I'll let you know how it goes. I've done a lot of searching around for anyone having a similar issue and so far haven't found anything.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to my situation?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

jah
    That's definitely weird. Good luck and let us know how the reset goes; that does sound like a likely solution.

I had this same exact issue. I bet you've had the same SIM card for about six or seven years. Go to Tmobile, tell them to give you a brand new SIM and I guarantee you're roaming issue will be gone. They should not charge you any money for a new SIM since you didn't do anything wrong or lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by mymitsu3kgt View Post
    I had this same exact issue. I bet you've had the same SIM card for about six or seven years. Go to Tmobile, tell them to give you a brand new SIM and I guarantee you're roaming issue will be gone. They should not charge you any money for a new SIM since you didn't do anything wrong or lose it.
    Thank you so much for the advice! I did a hard reset on my phone tonight and it didn't clear up the roaming issue. My SIM card is about 9 years old and still says 'Voicestream' on it so I bet I'm having the same problem as you.

Cheers!

Yup, that's what gave it away for me too. It always said Voicestream-Tmobile and then I remembered AT&T switched over their SIM cards when they switched to 3G.

I got my new T-Mobile SIM on Saturday and everything is working properly now. Thanks for the heads up!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links