Screen turning off

This is a discussion on Screen turning off within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; It seems the Nexus one screen to turn off for not reason. Sometime I will put the phone down and within a few second the ...

Thread: Screen turning off

Screen turning off

It seems the Nexus one screen to turn off for not reason. Sometime I will put the phone down and within a few second the screen will turn off. Sometime I will have in my hand and the screen will turn off. I have the timeout set for 2 minutes

Anyone else experience this problem?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by markbb99 View Post

It seems the Nexus one screen to turn off for not reason. Sometime I will put the phone down and within a few second the screen will turn off. Sometime I will have in my hand and the screen will turn off. I have the timeout set for 2 minutes

If your on the lock screen its suppose to times out in like 5 sec If that's what your referring too, its normal

Quote Originally Posted by minedune2 View Post

If your on the lock screen its suppose to times out in like 5 sec If that's what your referring too, its normal

I wish this was a configurable timeout. it seems to be 5 seconds total before shutting off. Meaning that if you lag a bit on your unlock sequence, it will turn off in the middle of entering the unlock pattern. Extremely annoying, especially if driving :-/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by knotnaught View Post

I wish this was a configurable timeout. it seems to be 5 seconds total before shutting off. Meaning that if you lag a bit on your unlock sequence, it will turn off in the middle of entering the unlock pattern. Extremely annoying, especially if driving :-/

Yep it's normal for the screen to time out, a 'battery saver' feature.
    By the way, aren't you suppose to be handsfree.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knotnaught View Post

Yep it's normal for the screen to time out, a 'battery saver' feature.
    By the way, aren't you suppose to be handsfree.....
    I know it's a power saver thing, but it's annoying when i get the unlock sequence wrong the first time, then it times out half-way through doing it again. If it was 10-15 seconds this would be better for me.

I also wish you could configure it so that you didn't have to re-enter the unlock code e v e r y time you wake the phone. If it were configureable to say only require if the phone has been inactive for 5 min (or an hour or so). I know the unlock code can be disabled, but that is not an option for me.

BTW, I'm not actually talking on the phone or texting -- just trying to skip a track while at a stop light. Admittedly, probably not the best idea though

I just wish you had a 15-25 second time period, to tap on the screen to bring it back when the screen times out.
    NexusOne. :nexusx:

Yeah, the locking is really annoying while listening to podcasts in the car. You should be able to just tap the screen and it wakes up instead of having to push the power button and then do the unlock swipe.

-Shayne

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links