Gmail Push Notification

This is a discussion on Gmail Push Notification within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've noticed that when I receive an email, I get a notification almost instantly. (within 5-10 seconds). HOWEVER, if I receive an email shortly after ...

Thread: Gmail Push Notification

Gmail Push Notification

I've noticed that when I receive an email, I get a notification almost instantly. (within 5-10 seconds).

HOWEVER, if I receive an email shortly after (within 2 minutes), I don't get a notification at all. No flashing trackball, nothin!

I also noticed that when I receive an email shortly after the first email, one of two things happens... 1) Absolutely nothing happens and I have to refresh gmail to view my new email. 2) I'll be arbitrarily looking at my gmail and notice a new message has been received, but no notifications alerted me.

Now, if I receive an email, I believe, like 2 or 3 minutes after the first email, I WILL get the instant notification again, where the process starts over again. And any email received shortly after this email will not notify me...

Anyone else????

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

so if you see that you have two messages online, do you only see one message in your inbox on the phone?

There is a problem with that too...

When I receive the first email, I will get the instant alert.

If I don't bother to look at my phone or my online gmail inbox for that first email and I get a new email (within 2 minutes), my online gmail shows that I have 2 new messages and my phone does nothing. UNTIL around 2 or 3 minutes after receiving the second email does it give me another alert.

I guess my point is... Shouldn't every email that comes in, give you an alert? Even if they are seconds after eachother? A la Blackberry? I know, that there has been some patent issues with push notifications. BUT, you'd think that if I could get one to notify me instantly, that the process would be consistant...

yea i could see how that could be annoying. but if it alerted you the first time and you decided to not look then and look 3 minutes later anyway, does it really matter that it didnt alert you a 2nd time? Will that 2nd alert make you look instantly?

True...

On the occassion that I don't look at my phone the first time and look at it the second time, it's normally because I was doing something that wouldn't allow me to look...

BUT, I heavily rely on my emails, so I usually look at the first notification. As I mentioned in my first post, any email that comes immediately after receiving the first one (and that I read on my phone), doesn't send me an alert at all. Not even 2 or 3 minutes later. So I won't know that anything is there...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links