Nexus One vs Iphone 3G Speedtest with youtube video

This is a discussion on Nexus One vs Iphone 3G Speedtest with youtube video within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I did this speedtest using 3G here in Taipei,Taiwan. Every time the Iphone 3G was faster regardless of SIM card I used. Why is the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One vs Iphone 3G Speedtest with youtube video

Nexus One vs Iphone 3G Speedtest with youtube video

I did this speedtest using 3G here in Taipei,Taiwan. Every time the Iphone 3G was faster regardless of SIM card I used. Why is the Speedtest speed so low for the Nexus One?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzJRvMY2SU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I view upload speed more important than download.

not sure abt tat but here's my screen shots of 3g speed and my home wifi speed

my 3g speed supposedly up to 7.2mbps.. while my home is 8mbps plan

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    I view upload speed more important than download.
    Why is that?

Well, I believe is the software (firmware) issue at this moment. I am sure the later update may address this issue. I have a slow 3G connection when I first got my Nexus One. But I go in and forced my phone only connect on 3G only no Edge connection. Right after I did that setting. My 3G speed increased 80%. Before I perform the trick my 3G connection only getting about 489k/s the most. Now I can get up to between 780k/s to 1130k/s. I think what happen is the phone tries to switch between 3G and Edge internally in the phone. So it can't maximum the connection speed.

I did another test today and it seems to vary quite a bit with the Nexus One depending on location. The Iphone always seems to get good download numbers as where the Nexus One is either struggling to hold a 3G reception or get good download times.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

one thing we know.. iphone ping seems to be damn high.. a lot higher than nexus one.. lol...

anyway my 3g here in singapore is very fast.. i can stream high quality youtube video smoothly.. i can stream football games smoothly as well...

not sure abt the iphone..

Quote Originally Posted by idiort View Post
    one thing we know.. iphone ping seems to be damn high.. a lot higher than nexus one.. lol...

anyway my 3g here in singapore is very fast.. i can stream high quality youtube video smoothly.. i can stream football games smoothly as well...

not sure abt the iphone..
    This is on a 3G model too while the 3GS model is supposed to be even faster.

My 3g connection is significa ntly fasrer (by 2-300kbps) in chicago on N1

Btw how do you get those screenshots?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links