Facebook contacts sync changes contact's name

This is a discussion on Facebook contacts sync changes contact's name within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; When i go to sync a certain contact lets say i have a friend of mine saved in my phone book as Art, i go ...

Thread: Facebook contacts sync changes contact's name

Facebook contacts sync changes contact's name

When i go to sync a certain contact lets say i have a friend of mine saved in my phone book as Art, i go to sync him with facebook and his name there is Arthur John Michael, it changes my contact name to his full facebook name and i can not change it back to Art. Is there a workaround to this its kinda annoying.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    Do you have both "Art" and "Arthur...." showing in your contacts list now? If so, you can join them (search these forums for details on how). I think the process is basically edit the first one, bring up the menu and choose "join", and then it's pretty intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Do you have both "Art" and "Arthur...." showing in your contacts list now? If so, you can join them (search these forums for details on how). I think the process is basically edit the first one, bring up the menu and choose "join", and then it's pretty intuitive.
    No I only have one contact now under the full name arthur...however when I click on it it says art under the name but under the phone book its filed under the full name. So if I have one of my friends by his nick name let's say "stone" and his real name is anthony first it won't sync with facebook I have to change his name in the phone book to anthony sync with facebook and then if I go to change his name back to stone it'll change it but in the phone book hell still be listed as anthony...

to change it back go into ur facebook app click menu>setting scroll down to sync contacts select remove facebook data>ok

yea but that completly changes it back and takes away their picture as well right? because i dont want to do that it defeats the whole purpose...
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links