MMS Problem

This is a discussion on MMS Problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've been having this problem too. I've been able to send pictures from my Nexus to my boyfriend's iPhone, and it's worked maybe about four ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMS Problem

I've been having this problem too. I've been able to send pictures from my Nexus to my boyfriend's iPhone, and it's worked maybe about four times (including the times we were standing in the AT&T store and the T-mobile store). The vast majority of times, though, the message just never makes it to his phone. I've also tried sending to people on Sprint and it also just never makes it through.

I talked to HTC and T-mobile and neither of them have any idea what's going on. T-mobile did say that since I could send messages to myself it wasn't a problem on their end. So frustrating!

I could email pics to everyone too but the phone is supposed to be capable of sending pictures it takes. I mean you don't drop half a grand plus on a smart phone and not expect some of the most basic features to work. I mean if the "experimental" voice search features from Google were acting up, I would say fine, but when a free phone from any carrier USA can take pictures and send them via MMS and my 529$ "SUPER PHONE" cant, I get kinda upset!
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

I bought the phone subsidized with T-Mobile, so I have the "Android" Data plan, not sure what the difference is between data plans, data is data isnt it? But anyway, The problem seems to have something to do with the phone resizing the picture improperly.
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

gonna go ahead and add myself to this gripe list, tried to send a photo to my girlfriend who has the droid with verizon and she never received it, coincidentally she had also tried to send me a photo she had taken with her droid while i was at work and we both asked each other about it the next day and neither one of us had received the images we sent. however i did send another picture to her the next day and she got that one just fine. so it's not just sending pics to att phones, this is an issue with the N1 itself.

Just gonna repost the link to the "Official" Google help thread I posted, so everyone complaining here can complain there as well to maybe get them working on a fix for this issue. My Nexus Will not Send Pictures it took to another phone - Android Help

So anyway I also will say here, I know there are workarounds, but we shouldn't have to workaround sending a picture with a $529 phone.

I love the phone, I just want to be able to take a picture, click share, click messaging and then send it who I want, the way Gooood, intended!
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

I sent this answer under a different user-name and couldn't locate it. So...apologies for repetition, but this hopefully will fix your MMS issues since I had the exact problem.
    Repeat post follows:
    I had the same problem and T Mobile Tech support fixed the issue. For some reason, T Mobile in my area (Las Vegas) did not setup MMS protocols properly, during the phone activation. Go to settings; wireless & network settings; mobile network settings ; Access Point Names. Now click on T-Mobile US to open up another page and enter the following settings:
    MMS port should say 8080. MCC should say 310. MNC should say 260. MMS proxy should say 216.155.165.50. And make sure under MMSC it says:
    http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Not sure if a reboot was required. There was nothing in those areas originally when I first opened up the settings. I can state I can take a full 5Mb picture and send. The software will automagically downsize the file appropriately. I believe somewhere else I had specified no files larger than 300Kb, but I would have to search for that. Just verify those settings and MMS should now work. This was my main issue too when first using the Nexus.

MMS Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by DocMjldds View Post
    I sent this answer under a different user-name and couldn't locate it. So...apologies for repetition, but this hopefully will fix your MMS issues since I had the exact problem.
    Repeat post follows:
    I had the same problem and T Mobile Tech support fixed the issue. For some reason, T Mobile in my area (Las Vegas) did not setup MMS protocols properly, during the phone activation. Go to settings; wireless & network settings; mobile network settings ; Access Point Names. Now click on T-Mobile US to open up another page and enter the following settings:
    MMS port should say 8080. MCC should say 310. MNC should say 260. MMS proxy should say 216.155.165.50. And make sure under MMSC it says:
    http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Not sure if a reboot was required. There was nothing in those areas originally when I first opened up the settings. I can state I can take a full 5Mb picture and send. The software will automagically downsize the file appropriately. I believe somewhere else I had specified no files larger than 300Kb, but I would have to search for that. Just verify those settings and MMS should now work. This was my main issue too when first using the Nexus.
    OK! I just did this and it worked. In my phone the port and the Proxy fields were blank, and after filling them in my phone started sending messages. So it is just a problem with the routing of the message!
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Hooray!!!. I was miffed about this too, but was thrilled to get a savvy T-Mobile tech that new HER stuff. It was weird how the phone acted like it was working. The key to knowing it works was the envelope icons changed from the little red thingy to the exclamation, after sending an MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMjldds View Post
    Hooray!!!. I was miffed about this too, but was thrilled to get a savvy T-Mobile tech that new HER stuff. It was weird how the phone acted like it was working. The key to knowing it works was the envelope icons changed from the little red thingy to the exclamation, after sending an MMS.
    Did you make sure you could receive as well with new settings?

Yes, no problem.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links