MMS Problem

This is a discussion on MMS Problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone had issues with the phone not sending MMS messages? If I take a picture with the camera and try to send it, it says ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMS Problem

MMS Problem

Anyone had issues with the phone not sending MMS messages? If I take a picture with the camera and try to send it, it says it sends and then never goes. Then maybe a few hours or a day or so later it may come through. Funny if I send it to myself it works fine, but sending to my GF on ATT with a new iPhone, she may never get it.

Anybody got any ideas?
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by gr8gorilla View Post
    Anyone had issues with the phone not sending MMS messages? If I take a picture with the camera and try to send it, it says it sends and then never goes. Then maybe a few hours or a day or so later it may come through. Funny if I send it to myself it works fine, but sending to my GF on ATT with a new iPhone, she may never get it.

Anybody got any ideas?
    Theres your problem "ATT" :rofl3:

Well i sent MMS to another tmobile user and they got the pic in less then 2 minutes. But i use to have sprint and when a tmobile user sent me a pic, i ever got it...So hmm i dont know.

What happens if she sends a pic to you?

Seriously, I know ATT has issues with MMS.

If she sends a pic to me, I get it, no problem. I also tried sending one to a friend of mine on Metro, he didn't get it either.

I think it could be a pic size issue because I called T-Mobile about it and they sent me a pic. I was able to forward this pic, but ones taken with the Nexus camera never go, or take forever. The phone does resize for multimedia message though so I dont know what the problem may be.

I receive pics fine.
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

I have the exact same issue here in Houston and was contemplating starting a thread on it as well.

I also share similar context in that the potential recipients are my mom and wife, both with iPhones. When I try to send to them it says "file too large, compressing image" followed by "converting to multimedia message" then it sends it - supposedly - but it never shows up on the other end.

At first I though it might be a file size issue so I went into the camera settings and reduced the resolution to 1 MP instead of 5 and tried again. This time it skipped the "too large" part but it still never showed up on the other end. So next variable to test is network. We still have my wife's old sprint phone active for the moment and it's capable of receiving picture messages so I tried to send the pic there bit still no dice.

I've sent pics to them before and had them received quickly so I'm not real sire what the hangup is, but I know I want to isolate it so I can fix the problem.

I have been having an issue with sending MMS Messages. If I take a picture with the phone and try to send it, this is what happens:
    1. File too large
    2. Resizing (compressing) not sure exactly what it says
    3. Converting to MMS
    4. Then it shows on my message thread and I try to send it. It says sending, the phone claims it sent but the recipient never gets it.

I called T-mobile, my messaging is working fine. I know because they forwarded a picture to me and I am able to send this picture to any one I choose. The problem is only with photos taken with the phone.

I took a picture and sent it to myself, I got it. The photo was 128kb. The problem doesn't seem to be the networks because the people I am sending pictures to receive them from other people fine, and as long as the picture I am sending was taken with the phone, i.e. someone else's phone, it goes through just fine.

I started a thread on the Google help forum too. With the above info in it.

Here is the link: My Nexus will not send pictures it took to another phone.
    Unlocked Rooted
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Ok, to follow up I went ahead and sent a picture from my wife's iPhone to my Nexus then forwarded that picture on to my mom (also an iPhone) and that went through just fine. So my situation corroborates gr8gorilla's in that it doesn't seem to be anything to do with the network but rather something to do with the phone's messaging software.

Quote Originally Posted by jrl022 View Post
    Ok, to follow up I went ahead and sent a picture from my wife's iPhone to my Nexus then forwarded that picture on to my mom (also an iPhone) and that went through just fine. So my situation corroborates gr8gorilla's in that it doesn't seem to be anything to do with the network but rather something to do with the phone's messaging software.
    The "IFONE" has had MMS issues from day one. I have sent pics form Nexus1 to Sprint, Verizon, and Tmobile and they get there pics..So the issue is on AT&T. If you send a pic to a AT&T "IFONE" user i would just email it which is easy to do from our phone.

Hey look, I know Att has mms issue and it's easy to just pin the blame there. But the fact of the matter is that the evidence just doesn't fit that conclusion. If you read the prior posts you would see that.

Here is the short version: MMS works to and from every single phone in my immediate family except from my Nexus One to any other phone regardless of carrier. But I can forward messages that originate from other phones and they show up just fine. The other poster has the exact same set of circumstances.

ATT is not the problem here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links