no service

This is a discussion on no service within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hi guys... ever since yesterday, my phone is losing connection. and I can reconnect to tmobile. every time I do a search networks, I get ...

Thread: no service

no service

hi guys...

ever since yesterday, my phone is losing connection. and I can reconnect to tmobile. every time I do a search networks, I get "error while searching for networks"
    is tmobile unstable right now? i'm located in downtown LA.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've had the same problem... but sometimes it will even say that "your sim card is not capable of connecting to this network" or something along those lines. It's really strange. I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the in and out of 3g and edge problems but we'll see after the patch if that will change it or not.

I had this problem today when i woke up, I powered off the phone wiggled the SIM card around and powered it back on. It's been working fine since then. If it keeps happening it might be a annoyance. I'm also unsure if it has anything to do with my SIM being so old (same SIM card for the past 6 years)

Quote Originally Posted by wbigdub13 View Post
    I've had the same problem... but sometimes it will even say that "your sim card is not capable of connecting to this network" or something along those lines. It's really strange. I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the in and out of 3g and edge problems but we'll see after the patch if that will change it or not.
    I got that message also...weird...I have to reboot my phone to get it work..

sucks

Ok i keep having this problem today while at work. I keep having to shut my phone off then when it comes back on i have my service back. Pretty annoying. Only complaint with the phone so far though.

I had a similar (if not the same) problem today. I came out of my doctor's office and tried to call a car service. The phone seemed to indicate that I had a connection but I couldn't hear a thing. To me, it seemed like the phone was dead. I tried calling my home to see if my home voicemail picked up. I heard nothing. I shut off the phone and rebooted it. After that, the phone worked.

When I got home, I found that, indeed, I had gotten a connection and my voicemail had picked up. My caller id shows that it had received my call. Very weird. I hope this isn't going to happen again.

Rick

Red face Error while searching for networks

I am getting this ' error while searching for networks' from this am. Never saw this error before...

am in NJ and network is T-mobile. I tried restarting the phone 2-3 times but it didn't work.

Any idea how to resolve this problem????

I resolved this by going to the T-Mobile store where they replaced my SIM card. They made a copy to a new SIM card, installed it and everything works fine.

For the record symptoms included:
    • Error while accessing network message
    • Found networks but said "your SIM card is not authorized for this network" when connecting
    • Network listed as "No service" or "Emergency calls only | T-Mobile"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links