Nexus One not showing on desktop Mac OS

This is a discussion on Nexus One not showing on desktop Mac OS within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, Mac OS user here. My N1 used to mount perfectly on my imac, but as of yesterday it hasn't been giving me the ...

Thread: Nexus One not showing on desktop Mac OS

Nexus One not showing on desktop Mac OS

Hey guys, Mac OS user here. My N1 used to mount perfectly on my imac, but as of yesterday it hasn't been giving me the option to mount it when I connect the USB cable. I haven't changed any settings and I've rebooted both the mac and the Nexus. I've also tried connecting other flash memory and they mount fine. What gives? Thanks in advance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

so when you connect the phone and go to menu -> "notifications", you don't see the "mount" option?

Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    so when you connect the phone and go to menu -> "notifications", you don't see the "mount" option?
    Hey thanks for responding. No, when I connect it through the USB cable, the option to "mount" no longer shows up in the task bar. I have no idea of what's wrong. I even did a factory reset on the N1, but nothing!

When you plug in the USB to your Mac, does the phone at least turn on the orange (or green) light at the top right hand side of the phone (which tells you it's charging or fully charged)?

If it doesn't, it could possibly be the cable. If it's not the cable, do you have any other computers you can try to mount and see if it still gives you the option to mount?

First let me say I really appreciate you guys trying to help me

Yes the phone does charge when connected with the USB cable, and it light's up orange.

One thing that is strange is, when my phone is done booting and detects the SD card, it makes 7-8 fast/consecutive beeps? I don't remember it making that sound when I first got it, I remember it making the default media notification sound. I could be completely wrong though.

Unfortunately I don't have another computer to connect it to. I'm just a little baffled why it no longer mounts to my iMac. I've only had it for 3 months, and have tried all the USB ports in, but it never gives me the option to mount. It only charges it! I'm confident we'll figure it out though.

Edit: Never mind guys, I reformatted my MicroSD card, and now it's giving me the option to mount. I'm not sure what caused all this trouble, it may have been a corrupt file.

I was going to say that beep shouldn't be normal (at least 7 times).

Was going to suggest reseating the SD card but if reformatting worked, I guess it worked.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links