nexus one - cant update apps with market

This is a discussion on nexus one - cant update apps with market within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hello.I own a nexus one phone.Since i got it I can't update any application using the market.I get a notification that there are available updates ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nexus one - cant update apps with market

nexus one - cant update apps with market

hello.I own a nexus one phone.Since i got it I can't update any application using the market.I get a notification that there are available updates but can't see it in the "downloads" folder.I tried to use "atrackdog" but still can't update.When I try to update an application that has been updated, the phone tells me that the program is already installed... (But I know that there's an update).before the nexus one I had a HTC hero and the i never faced this kind of problem.PLEASE HELP !!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

reboot is all i can say... sorry.

when u say reboot what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moranfr1 View Post
    hello.I own a nexus one phone.Since i got it I can't update any application using the market.I get a notification that there are available updates but can't see it in the "downloads" folder.I tried to use "atrackdog" but still can't update.When I try to update an application that has been updated, the phone tells me that the program is already installed... (But I know that there's an update).before the nexus one I had a HTC hero and the i never faced this kind of problem.PLEASE HELP !!
    Hmmmm..

The notification comes in the status bar at the top of the phone. When you pull down the status bar and then click on the part that says updates available, it takes you to the marketplace and the apps that have available updates are listed at the top. You then click on each one and it goes through telling you that it will update and your data will be saved. You have to manually approve each step, once done, the update downloads and installs automatically. There is no "download" folder for app updates.

when I tap in the notification bar nothing happens....
    I tried to reboot and it didn't help
    I have the nexus for 10 days and the problam is from the beginning...

as I said. I had a htc hero and didn't face this problam...

is there a way to wipe everything like hard reset ? do you think it will solve the problem?

tried the wipe option, didnt help.

this is realy annoying.

this would never happend in the hero...

first example: acontacts

i have ver 1.3.3, there's a new version 1.3.3.1

when i got to the market i get "installed" with no upgrade option.

another example:

i have beatuful widgets" ver 2.36, there a new ver 2.82
    i bought it, when i try to update it says i have to buy it, but when i used my hero never had this problam.

there are many more examples....

after the wipe i did nandroid restore.

i bought it from the website when it was available. same as the youtube downloader, i payed with paypal.

with the youtube downloader, i was able to update it to tubedroid easly when i had the htc hero.

now i cant update anything, also, the download's section in the market doesnt show programs i install with apk and not market..

i think that the problam is the v2.1 market.. but not sure..

Quote Originally Posted by moranfr1 View Post
    i bought it from the website when it was available. same as the youtube downloader, i payed with paypal.

with the youtube downloader, i was able to update it to tubedroid easly when i had the htc hero.

now i cant update anything, also, the download's section in the market doesnt show programs i install with apk and not market..

i think that the problam is the v2.1 market.. but not sure..
    Can you please explain step by step how you are trying to update your apps??? I truly believe that there is a step missing here somewhere. Can you give us a:

scenario so we can troubleshoot?

Thanks

sure.

i get a notification that there is an update.. i scroll down the bar and push the update notification.
    then it goes to the "downloads" section in the market.
    there i see only the programs i downloaded and install through the market, and the programs are marked as "installed" so there is nothing to update.

as i mentioned before, i know there are newer versions, just cant update anything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links