Service of the HTC repair centre is very poor

This is a discussion on Service of the HTC repair centre is very poor within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; There have been many reports here of just what I'm saying. Do a search on "repair" and see what it gets you... or, perhaps, warranty...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Service of the HTC repair centre is very poor

There have been many reports here of just what I'm saying. Do a search on "repair" and see what it gets you...

or, perhaps, warranty

Looking but not finding anything where anyone talks about actually sending their phone. I found a post where a guy says "Rooting only voids the software portion of the warranty" but doesn't mention where he got his information from. The only accurate and sourced information I was able to find is someone mentions that unlocking the booloader via the fastboot program voids your warranty period. Someone please step up and contradict me.

Actually, I think you answered your own question here, when you said that they told you to flash the original firmware to the phone before you send it in. That suggests pretty clearly that an unlocked bootloader won't void anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonG777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Wow. What did the HTC rep say that was so wrong? You rooted your phone and are upset that they will not do warranty repairs on it? You should of known that before hand and I don't see how that is HTC's fault.
    It's not really what she said but how she said it. It was like I was being talked to like a 2 year old that just stole a cookie.
    The rep was doing her job. Obviously she was following the script ordered by HTC. I don't see how she was being rude just because she told you it would cost more than you wanted to pay.

The rep was doing her job. Obviously she was following the script ordered by HTC. I don't see how she was being rude just because she told you it would cost more than you wanted to pay.
    Let's not belabor this angle. It is not relevant to the OP's issue, or it's resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Let's not belabor this angle. It is not relevant to the OP's issue, or it's resolution.
    I agree. However, calling HTC reps childish because they try to follow rules is a bit out of hand. I would rather talk about how HTC handles returns, not a rep trying to follow steps.

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Actually, I think you answered your own question here, when you said that they told you to flash the original firmware to the phone before you send it in. That suggests pretty clearly that an unlocked bootloader won't void anything.
    Well, not exactly. The tech I was talking to was trying to help me get the phone back to OE status, he was not aware of the permanent unlocked lock that appears on the screen. This sort of goes back to my statements about no other phone, even other HTC phones, having this irreversible "damaged" (I say damage because according to those at HTC and even the nice gentlemen I spoke with this is how an unlocked bootloader is treated.) by swapping out the firmware.

I feel like an animal that got caught in a trap. It's like Google asked Do you like to mod your phone? Well step right this way we've got just the phone for you, supports rooting right out of the box, no need to "hack" this one. I shell out the money and sign my soul away to T-mobile and then HAHA gotcha, sucker! This is what I expected to happen with Apple when I jailbroke my iPhone.

Hopefully, someone can pass on a good contact at HTC or the process they used to get their phone repaired. As angry as I am, I'm still optimistic that I will find a fair solution with HTC/Google. I've always heard/experienced good things about both and I think this is just a entry pain for Google getting into the hardware business. Perhaps even one that is making them reconsider that entry.

To my knowledge, there is only one warranty, not a separate hardware/software warranty. Currently, an unlocked bootloader breaks the warranty (I've said in other posts it's one of the first things mentioned in the warranty verbiage). Users here have been reporting that unlocked phones HAVE been getting repairs (perhaps leading to the hardware vs. software confusion) with no monetary 'infraction' for having a rooted/unlocked bootloader. IIRC Neon even got his phone flashed back to factory state, after sending his in with cracked screen and unlocked bootloader. I suggest you return the rom to factory, and proceed with the repair, after getting a suitable quote once they receive the phone and inspect it.
    I think users have been LUCKY, and HTC LENIENT, to allow warrantable repairs on units clearly in non-warranty condition, so I also think it's sour grapes to complain that HTC may now be tightening up their behaviour policy to match their written warranty policy...one needs to assume responsibility for their actions if terms of sale and warranty are deliberately circumvented.

Numerous calls to HTC have all gotten the same response. Warranty is void, and it must be brought back to warranty status to have any other issues fixed. Rather than dealing with this any further or gambling whether or not HTC will actually just fix the power button the phone will probably be going on eBay in the next few days. Hopefully we dont loose too much money on this deal. This experience probably won't stop us from looking at another HTC because I think this has more to do with Google's bootloader since none of the other HTC phones have this "feature" but if we have the option we will probably be shy away from their phones in the future. That being said the new myTouch looks like the best bet if we dont want to break the contract with T-mobile but pricewise it's looking like we may be better off just paying the ETF whether we stay with Tmobile or not. Love Android but Google sucks at making/selling phones. I always expected this from Apple with my iPhone not from Google. Marketing a phone to be "open" and then turning around and finding a brand new way of screwing customers when they take advantage of the "openness" is not what I would call sticking to the Google moto of "Dont be Evil."

Again, I never had a problem paying to get my phone fixed. I have a serious problem paying to "relock the bootloader" since that "unlockable" bootloader is the entire reason I bought this phone.

On a final note, I'm sure this will get all the HTC/Android fanboys riled up. If you disagree with me, want to call me stupid or a liar save it and just buy my phone, send it in for an easy fix and call me a idiot. I'll post the eBay link when I post it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonG777 View Post
    Numerous calls to HTC have all gotten the same response. Warranty is void, and it must be brought back to warranty status to have any other issues fixed. Rather than dealing with this any further or gambling whether or not HTC will actually just fix the power button the phone will probably be going on eBay in the next few days. Hopefully we dont loose too much money on this deal. This experience probably won't stop us from looking at another HTC because I think this has more to do with Google's bootloader since none of the other HTC phones have this "feature" but if we have the option we will probably be shy away from their phones in the future. That being said the new myTouch looks like the best bet if we dont want to break the contract with T-mobile but pricewise it's looking like we may be better off just paying the ETF whether we stay with Tmobile or not. Love Android but Google sucks at making/selling phones. I always expected this from Apple with my iPhone not from Google. Marketing a phone to be "open" and then turning around and finding a brand new way of screwing customers when they take advantage of the "openness" is not what I would call sticking to the Google moto of "Dont be Evil."

Again, I never had a problem paying to get my phone fixed. I have a serious problem paying to "relock the bootloader" since that "unlockable" bootloader is the entire reason I bought this phone.

On a final note, I'm sure this will get all the HTC/Android fanboys riled up. If you disagree with me, want to call me stupid or a liar save it and just buy my phone, send it in for an easy fix and call me a idiot. I'll post the eBay link when I post it.
    Pay an ETF or pay to have it 'fixed for warranty', what's the difference, principle? I think you're making a mountain out of it, and should simply send it in for 'repair estimate/quote' and ignore what is said on the phone. If it's outrageously expensive, have them send it back to you, THEN eBay it. And no eBay auction links here, please.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links