Can't Get my N1 Dock to Play Music

This is a discussion on Can't Get my N1 Dock to Play Music within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; For whatever reason, my new desktop dock will not "automatically" pair its bluetooth connection as stated in the instructions. I have tried to scan for ...

Thread: Can't Get my N1 Dock to Play Music

Can't Get my N1 Dock to Play Music

For whatever reason, my new desktop dock will not "automatically" pair its bluetooth connection as stated in the instructions. I have tried to scan for devices, but it doesn't find the dock. So, I can't get it to play any music. All it does is start up the clock app and charge the phone.

I turned my phone off and on, unplugged and replugged the audio and power cords, but no luck. I'm so bummed!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having the same problem. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

I just ordered mine tonight. Is this going to be a problem when I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by srmjjg View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

Great News! I received a reply from wingsmith that fixed my problem. Here is is note to me:

"I found out that you can reset the audio settings by going to Settings while the phone is docked. Select the Sounds & Display section, then look for Dock Audio."

The key was the "while the phone is docked" part. Now I am up and running with music.

Hey all, new poster here...just got my phone today, but I figured I might be able to shed some insight here...the thing that I was getting hung up on, in the settings and dock audio was just simply the statement (silences phone)....I thought, for some stupid reason, that this would make it so that nothing was audible

However, after giving it some thought, I realized, this just means that when the phone is docked, it won't make sound itself, rather, it will play sound through the stereo....I have a feeling that if you click in that box, it will do everything that you want it to...heck, it worked for me

In other news, I LOVE this phone...I just unlocked my iPhone for sale so that I could pick this bad boy up....it does so many things that I wish the iPhone would do...once you go google, you never go back

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Question: I would prefer to use my 'dogtag' bluetooth to stream music, so can you verify I can enable BT on the phone, WHILE in the dock, (with this new setting turned off) and stream to a separate BT unit? Do you have another stereo BT unit to compare? TIA!
    Sorry ... I don't have another BT anything. Maybe someone else can help test this for you.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links