File transfer 4gb

This is a discussion on File transfer 4gb within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Trying to copy a 4.35 gb movie file onto the microsd card that I formatted on my nexus one. Looks to be formatted as fat32 ...

Thread: File transfer 4gb

File transfer 4gb

Trying to copy a 4.35 gb movie file onto the microsd card that I formatted on my nexus one. Looks to be formatted as fat32 which limits the allowable file size. Will android accept the microsd if it is formatted as ntfs, or is there another file system that android will accept???

Thanks,

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Why is the movie so large?

Not sure about the other format questions.

The file is a large high bitrate mp4 movie file. My SD card is 8gb. To solve my problem I'm just going to convert movies I want to view on n1 to lower bitrate and filesize. Only a hansfilare more than 4gb anyway. The bigger issue is high bitrates not handled by n1's hardware software combo.

Quote Originally Posted by anthny680 View Post
    Trying to copy a 4.35 gb movie file onto the microsd card that I formatted on my nexus one. Looks to be formatted as fat32 which limits the allowable file size. Will android accept the microsd if it is formatted as ntfs, or is there another file system that android will accept???

Thanks,

Also formatting a micosd card to ntfs will not work in the Nexus, as ntfs is a windows base format.

Fat 32 is the correct format!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthny680 View Post

Thanks,

Also formatting a micosd card to ntfs will not work in the Nexus, as ntfs is a windows base format.

Fat 32 is the correct format!!

Thanks, I'm probably better off converting my higher bitrate HD/SD movies (made for apple tv) to smaller files anyway. Mainly to keep the file size down on my Nexus One. 800x480 res. movies look great! Can't wait till better media management apps are released.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links