Ringer is really low, calls sometimes go straight to voicemail

This is a discussion on Ringer is really low, calls sometimes go straight to voicemail within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I'm having 2 issues that I haven't heard of and 1 that I have. 1. The phone's ringer volume (speaker) sucks, I cannot hear ...

Thread: Ringer is really low, calls sometimes go straight to voicemail

Ringer is really low, calls sometimes go straight to voicemail

So I'm having 2 issues that I haven't heard of and 1 that I have.

1. The phone's ringer volume (speaker) sucks, I cannot hear when people call me and the volume is all the way up!

2. Sometimes it goes straight to voice mail (yes I have reception) and the person has to call me 4-5 times in order for the call to finally go through.

3. It keeps switching from Edge(2G) and 3G from time to time and will not stay in 3G.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    1) Place the phone face down (speaker up) on a surface. It should sound quite a bit louder, then.
    2) I've experienced the same thing...but AFTER I have missed a call. Successive calls go to VM, but I've never tracked down if it was indeed a cell reception issue, since I rarely get back to back calls I don't intercept. This has occured over several phones, btw, not just N1.
    3) Sounds like you need the update TMO/Google/HTC has been working on, to fix the toggling 3G issue. Keep your eyes open here, for its rollout.

Yeah it does improve if the phone is face down but when it's in the case that the phone came with I cannot hear crap!. Why would HTC put the speaker on the back like that, at least if it's going to be in the back make it like the droid's speaker...nexus one's speaker really sucks faced down or not

I got phone tones from my other phones and BB copied to NX1 SD. I use those and the ring is really loud that I have to silence it quickly sometime!

I suggest you do the same and see if it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st-NX1 View Post
    I got phone tones from my other phones and BB copied to NX1 SD. I use those and the ring is really loud that I have to silence it quickly sometime!

Can you please elaborate on this... explain how you did this, etc.

Thanks

I have noticed the stock ringers are very low. What I did/do (which after being on a iPhone for so long, think is great) is.... I downloaded iMusic and RingDroid. I download what song I want from iMusic and make the clip with RingDroid, the ringers that are converted are very loud. Sometimes I still miss the call, but it is because I want to rock out to the ringer... not because I can't hear it.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusVZW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st-NX1 View Post

Can you please elaborate on this... explain how you did this, etc.

Thanks
    hey VZW,

check this thread on how/where to place the ring-tones/notifications and you should be in business in no time

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...es-alarms.html

all the best,

the speaker sucks.. also have problem that some calls go directly to VM..
    bluetooth does not connect all the time with the phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links