Touchscreen innaccuracy

This is a discussion on Touchscreen innaccuracy within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; its the OS. The android OS as a whole is just buggy as hell.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Touchscreen innaccuracy

its the OS. The android OS as a whole is just buggy as hell..

Like no other mobile OS has bugs.

im not saying no other mobile OS has bugs, but this is the first smartphone that I have owned that crashes on stock apps.

We'll I hope they get them all patched soon. This will be my first android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by tizzl10 View Post
    im not saying no other mobile OS has bugs, but this is the first smartphone that I have owned that crashes on stock apps.
    when google made the g1 they said they made it to be able to force close stock apps that would restart so the whole system didn't crash iirc iphone wouldn't have this problem because they only do one thing, or limited things at a time

I have not experienced the exact problem shown in the video clip however the issue I have is that I cannot get the N1 to recognise that I am tapping the 'Type to compose' field when trying to reply to an SMS. It takes literally 20 taps in different areas to get the keyboard to appear. It is sooooooooo frustrating.

Unfortunately I am cursed with very limited patience so there has been more than one occassion when I have been close to shutting the N1 in the door of my car, over and over again.

Please help me!

Quote Originally Posted by FunMangoes View Post
    I have not experienced the exact problem shown in the video clip however the issue I have is that I cannot get the N1 to recognize that I am tapping the 'Type to compose' field when trying to reply to an SMS. It takes literally 20 taps in different areas to get the keyboard to appear. It is sooooooooo frustrating.

Unfortunately I am cursed with very limited patience so there has been more than one occasion when I have been close to shutting the N1 in the door of my car, over and over again.

Please help me!
    as a temporary solution, try using the track ball to highlight the box then click it to open keyboard. and wait for the patch. this does happen to me on occasion too

Thanks - a simple solution that works well and one that I had not really considered for some reason! This is my first android phone and generally I really like the OS and the N1 hardware.

I am curious if you got your update whether or not this problem was fixed for you. Please update us.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunMangoes View Post
    Thanks - a simple solution that works well and one that I had not really considered for some reason! This is my first android phone and generally I really like the OS and the N1 hardware.

This looks like the non-official charger/cable problem, which is well-known.

right at the end of the vid I noticed it's plugged in, so I would bet that the problem disappears after you pull out the cable, and that you're either:

- plugging it into the computer; or
    - using a non-official charger / cable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links