'Contacts' Issue

This is a discussion on 'Contacts' Issue within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; It seems that all the contacts I downloaded from my Sims card do not recognize in the 'contacts folder'. To find them, I must search ...

Thread: 'Contacts' Issue

'Contacts' Issue

It seems that all the contacts I downloaded from my Sims card do not recognize in the 'contacts folder'. To find them, I must search for them.

At first, I thought this might be due to the fact that when they were transferred - they downloaded as under 'other' phone number, but I went back and fixed those to say work or home or mobile.

Now, it STILL will not recognize those, and seems to only recognize the ones I have inputted manually or were downloaded from facebook. It is also affecting the 'phone book' in my car, as it is only recognizing those certain phone numbers I ahve manually input since getting the phone.

Is there a way to fix this, without going in a fixing every single one by manually adding again? I really would not like to do this for 75 contacts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS this also affects the recognition button when I am texting. I start typing a name, and it will only recognize certain numbers.
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasusrider View Post
    It seems that all the contacts I downloaded from my Sims card do not recognize in the 'contacts folder'. To find them, I must search for them.

At first, I thought this might be due to the fact that when they were transferred - they downloaded as under 'other' phone number, but I went back and fixed those to say work or home or mobile.

Now, it STILL will not recognize those, and seems to only recognize the ones I have inputted manually or were downloaded from facebook. It is also affecting the 'phone book' in my car, as it is only recognizing those certain phone numbers I ahve manually input since getting the phone.

Is there a way to fix this, without going in a fixing every single one by manually adding again? I really would not like to do this for 75 contacts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS this also affects the recognition button when I am texting. I start typing a name, and it will only recognize certain numbers.
    One way to easily input your contacts, if you have an email client set up on your Nexus; you can update your contacts in your email client then sync it to the phone.

Second problem may be fixed by making sure all your contacts on phone have their primary contact number as 'Mobile' not home or work.

See if that helps!!

Pegasus you'll have to do what Bishop said and go through all your Contacts and change their phone number to "Mobile". I know because I e-mailed HTC in regards to the same matter. OR you can download Handcent SMS from the Market (it's free and better than the default Messaging app in my opinion) and that will recognize your numbers without you having to change anything.

Ok, so that must be it, any that I put home or work to are the ones not being recognized. I hope they fix this soon!
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ok, so I went and checked my phone, half the contacts not recognizing are indeed not recognizing the mobiles. Oh well.

Is there a program to download contacts to am email program, so I can fix that way then upload again to phone?
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasusrider View Post
    ok, so I went and checked my phone, half the contacts not recognizing are indeed not recognizing the mobiles. Oh well.

Is there a program to download contacts to am email program, so I can fix that way then upload again to phone?
    You should just manually enter them into your gmail contacts... It may be a pain in the ass, but from that point on you will never have to transfer anything ever again That's what I did and when I got my new phone they all synced up within minutes.
    Send Me a Text!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am definately not an IT person, though I wish I were.

So I spent an hour updating all my contacts in gmail.(changing 'other', 'work' and 'home' to 'mobile', as well as adding dashes in the phone number section) However, although my phone was mounted, it was not updating the phone. I have a 'my contacts' and a 'all contacts. as I updated, and merged, and saved, that data went from 70 names to 126 names in the 'my contacts' compared to the 146 now in 'all contacts'. 20 off from the intial 160 (I merged some) is not bad.

However, the data is not updating on my phone. I did dismount and remount my phone, with no update. I see there is a link for syncing the calendar, is there a link to sync the gmail contacts?

again, thanks for all your help! It has been greatly appreciated.
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now I just went into the 'settings' and then went into the 'accounts and sync setting'. I went into gmail and individually synced contacts and calendar, as well as turning on the auto sync.

That my friends fixed it! woot. Hopefully my pain will help someone else.

edit:ahh ! I see someone recommended this- thanks!
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links