Is Nexus One compressing image files?

This is a discussion on Is Nexus One compressing image files? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Take a look at this thread, are you having the same problem? Nexus One Gallery Photo Compression? - Android Help...

Thread: Is Nexus One compressing image files?

Is Nexus One compressing image files?

Take a look at this thread, are you having the same problem?
    Nexus One Gallery Photo Compression? - Android Help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

wmm
    Yes, I definitely noticed that. Like the poster you linked to, I'm hopeful that the update addressed that (not too unlikely, I think, since the changes to zooming were a principal focus of the update). Unfortunately, I don't have a large JPEG lying around handy to try it with.

wmm
    I found the JPEG I had used in my earlier test, and the update made no difference; the resolution is definitely less in the Gallery photo viewer than it is when I look at the image on my PC. (I think I may have gotten the image in response to an earlier posting by that same person, as it's a trail map for a ski area. The labels for the trails are pixelated but easily legible on my PC, but on the N1 they are either impossible or extremely difficult to make out.)

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    I found the JPEG I had used in my earlier test, and the update made no difference; the resolution is definitely less in the Gallery photo viewer than it is when I look at the image on my PC. (I think I may have gotten the image in response to an earlier posting by that same person, as it's a trail map for a ski area. The labels for the trails are pixelated but easily legible on my PC, but on the N1 they are either impossible or extremely difficult to make out.)
    I believe this is only a problem with the native N1 gallery app. I think someone had said that using another gallery app such as B&B Gallery is working just fine.

wmm
    Yes, I just verified that B&B Gallery displays the image with full resolution. Obviously they use their own rendering software instead of relying on the native library. I still hope that Google updates the native software to remove this limitation.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links