No standby when power pressed

This is a discussion on No standby when power pressed within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; All of a sudden my N1 will no longer go into standby when I quick press the power button, it will still go to the ...

Thread: No standby when power pressed

Question No standby when power pressed

All of a sudden my N1 will no longer go into standby when I quick press the power button, it will still go to the power menu with a long press. What have I done???

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had the same problem and here is how I took care of it:

First a bit of background, if you are not interested then scroll all the way down for the solution:

- This morning I have received the Nexus One update (multi touch etc) and I installed it, everything worked just fine
    - Latter in the day I notice that my phone was a little bit slow
    - Went in to the Market to install a task killer and I installed other apps also (apps I installed are: Advance Task Manager, Google Translate, Baby Go and Blue Tooth File Transfer)
    - Once this were installed I started the Baby Go and let my nice play with it a little bit and when I tried to exit the back button did not work, the application told me to press a combination of keys (with i don't remeber) what included the END BUTTON in order to exit.
    - I did not do that and I pressed the home button and I was out on my home home screen
    - After this, couple of minutes latter I needed the phone and when I tried to put it to sleep by pressing the END BUTTON it did not work
    - I reset, removed the battery and uninstall all applications mentioned above to no avail
    - I was pretty sure that one of this screwed it up but the uninstall did not fix the problem
    - So I went on some forums and the beauty of Android is that it is the same on all phones, the solution came from a DROID forum.

SOLUTION:

I installed from the market a Program named SPARE PARTS and in it you will have the option to set the preference for the END BUTTON

GOOD LUCK

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is exactly what happened to me. Is there something whacked with Baby Go?

baby go issue

i think it has to do with the combinaton of keys that u have to press when u exit.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links