New update does not work!!!!!

This is a discussion on New update does not work!!!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; First, I'd like to express my deepest condolences to you and your family in Haiti...such a tragedy. Originally Posted by mah Those fees do not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New update does not work!!!!!

First, I'd like to express my deepest condolences to you and your family in Haiti...such a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    Those fees do not apply within the grace period. That's the whole purpose of a grace period.
    This is my point exactly...that's why I asked if mannyj84 was still inside the 14 day window. If he really needs a more reliable device, and it sounds like he does, now's the time to seek one out. Outside the 14 day grace period you are SOL.

@ T&C: I'm not encouraging him to return it; I'm inclined to believe they will sort this out...at least to the point where the only thing that we blame is T-Mo's spotty 3G coverage. And it's pretty widely known that T-Mo (as all carriers) has irregular coverage inside buildings of any kind. The coverage map they provide is only an approximation of coverage that you should get outside. Sucky, I know...but that is how they cover their @ss; ALL of the carriers do this. There are just too many variable that can affect reception.

Anyway, by the time they iron all these little N1-specific bugs out, it will probably be available for Verizon, and maybe even AT&T and Sprint. Welcome to the joys of being an early adopter of a new system. And really this is all a moot point...it was clearly stated in the terms when you purchased the phone that if you are dissatisfied with the product/service, you can return it within 14 days for a refund less the $45 restocking fee if opened. Do it if you are truly dissatisfied!

Both ATT and Verizon work well at my house

Both ATT and Verizon have full signal at my house

Quote Originally Posted by mannyj84 View Post
    Both ATT and Verizon have full signal at my house
    In that case, you could return this one, cancel the T-Mo service, and just wait for the Verizon version that is reportedly coming out in Spring 2010. I have no idea how reliable this "reportedly" business is, but that's what it says on the N1 ordering page...

What you will do for mobile service in the mean time is up to you...if do get a different Verizon phone to tide you over, there's no tell what kind of hoops you'll have to jump through to upgrade. That's was a pretty difficult path for some existing T-Mo users with the first go-around.

Oh I forgot do thank you for your kind words about my family...So rude of me... My apologies...

Manny,

If you don't get Tmo service at your home address, that is grounds to void your contract if you have one, and return the phone...especially if the map shows 3g and you don't get it.

My phone works fine with 3G all over the Los Angeles area, before and after the update...likely just your location. If I were you I would suck it up and use wifi when at home for data, so long as you at least have phone connectivity.

I called T-Mobile today to tell them about the issue I'm ha Inc getting service.... At first they stated that I might have a faulty sim card and directed me to pickup a new one, free of charge, at the store......surprisingly, when I went back home, I still was not getting service. They then told me that they were going to send a technician to my nearby tower and would. Contact me in two days........Somehow I doubt that this issue will be solved

aside from the 3g issues, the pinch to zoom on the gps does not work... ill pinch to zoom in and it zooms out, or just moves around...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links