New update does not work!!!!!

This is a discussion on New update does not work!!!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just installed the update that was mentioned that would fix the 3g problem and I still get nothing. On T-Mobile data map it showed that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New update does not work!!!!!

New update does not work!!!!!

Just installed the update that was mentioned that would fix the 3g problem and I still get nothing. On T-Mobile data map it showed that I should have full 3g coverage at my house and I should have all bars filled. I can't even make calls at my house. Now what's the use off a phone if you can't even use it where you live!!!!!!! T-Mobile should be upfront with its 3g map and stop its false advertising. I'm really starting to lose my patience with T-Mobile and Google.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mannyj84 View Post
    Just installed the update that was mentioned that would fix the 3g problem
    Actually, what was "mentioned" was this:

"3G connectivity: we will provide a general fix to help improve 3G connectivity on some Nexus One phones."

I took the liberty of emphasizing "some", but you get the point. The source was the official Google Nexus One blog:
    Nexus One | News and Updates
    What I believe they were intending to fix here was the issue of constantly bouncing back and forth between Edge and 3G and ultimately the effect this had on the battery. I really don't think this software fix was ever going to improve anyone's reception...

The fact of the matter is this: it is very unlikely Google or the Android OS is to blame. Possibly, but unlikely. What is most likely is that this is a T-Mo issue we're dealing with here. I understand a lot of people are rightfully frustrated with the underwhelming 3G coverage...I would be to if I was affected. But that is exactly the problem...3G coverage. Maybe they do exaggerate the coverage...I don't know.

Do you know any other T-Mo users around where you live? Maybe you can compare signals in the same location...that may at least narrow down the real issue here, right? If they don't get 3G, well you know the real problem is ONLY T-Mo. If they get good 3G, we should probably look to HTC for resolution as I would suspect a hardware issue. Either way, I really don't believe Google has a single thing to do with the real problem. Maybe they're not being aggressive enough in damage control and managing their customer service issues, but really the coverage problem is not their fault.

I understand your point, but the thing is that both google and T-Mobile are the ones promoting this phone.... if I can't use it at my own house then what's the point of having it. And you can't send it back, cause then they would charge you over $600!!!!!. So now I'm basically screwed.

$600?? Where did you get that info? I see this: Returns : Returns and warranty - Nexus One Help

14 days (30 in CA) to return, $45 dollar charge for opened package.
    Yes, you are still stuck with T-Mo if you are beyond the 14 days, but if not see #4 on this page: Unsupported Browser

Basically, if you are under 14 days and completely unsatisfied you can get out for $45.

What about the more than 500 dollar Google charges you for the restocking fee and T-Mobile early termination fee.

That's news to me...are you beyond the 14 day grace period?

mah
    Those fees do not apply within the grace period. That's the whole purpose of a grace period.

T&C
    Buddy take a deep breath...

I just got the upgrade and it works fine both phones.

Left Phoenix this this morning getting 3 g everwhere.

Landed in San Diego working also 3g too, on to LAX and 3 g working there also.

One will not always get 3g it comes and goes from edge to 3G thats the nature of the internet and cell service.

Pinch works great and night mode in maps works too.

Oh OK.....I wasn't even aware of the grace period.I got the phone Tuesday so I think it still applies for me. The phone works fine in terms of every other thing about it. My main issue is that I wont be able to make or really really receive calls when I'm at home.....I'm able to text limitedly, because the signal bars keep on going up and down.however my calls keep on getting dropped. It would be nice to have a full signal since my family and friends from Port-au-Prince call me occasionally to let me know there still alive and there house haven't collapsed.

How are other providers in your area? A home cellphone booster would increase the signal and they're relatively cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links