Possible OTA Update Issue?

This is a discussion on Possible OTA Update Issue? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I got my OTA update yesterday and everything seemed to be working just great, or so I thought. Today, I tapped on those little dots ...

Thread: Possible OTA Update Issue?

Possible OTA Update Issue?

I got my OTA update yesterday and everything seemed to be working just great, or so I thought.

Today, I tapped on those little dots on the HomeScreen to see the screen icon list in order to quickly change screens and when I selected on of the screens, nothing happened. The icon list went away and I was on the same screen. So, I tried it several more times, picking different screens, and it seems none of them work. The list does appear but I cannot select any. They just disappear as soon as I tap on one, without the screen changing. This never happened before the OTA.

So, I thought a reboot would probably clear this up, because I read where some had to reboot to straighten certain weird behavior, but that hasn't changed anything for me. Same behavior. As far as I can tell, everything else is working.

Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got my OTA update yesterday and and the phone locked up. All I had was a black screen and could not access the phone at all. I called HTC and they had to do a hard boot and reset the phone back to new and start all over again. Even though it says I have the firmware update where it says "About" the phone under settings I don't have the features of the update. They said they will resend the update from Google, but I have not seen it yet. Remember we are dealing with Google, a company that has no customer service. The folks at HTC are very nice.

I'm having problems with the wallpaper and "dots" aligning after clicking the home button.

I had the update yesterday morning, I my phone doesn't exhibit any negative symptom...

My icons, home screen etc. appear fine. Not sure why the update doesn't seem to go well with some of phones.

got notice yesterday...updated and works fine

Well it's the strangest thing. I did a quick tap on the "dots" and discovered they change screens ... once for each tap ... in the direction for the dots I'm tapping (to the right or left). Maybe it did that before, I don't know because I always long-tapped on them to get the pop-up screens.

Anyway, after playing with that, my long-tap on dots started working normally again and I haven't seen the problem since. Must have been a fluke, but I can't get the abnormal behavior I described to repeat. At least if it ever happens again, the short tap is a workaround (if I'm too lazy to slide it, that is).

The quick tapping the dots has always been there.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links