Should I ask for new one?

This is a discussion on Should I ask for new one? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by raccord i got mine swapped for a gap between the front bezel and bottom cover. they put a temp charge on your ...

View Poll Results: Privacy in Facebook comments?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 83.33%
  • No

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I ask for new one?

Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    i got mine swapped for a gap between the front bezel and bottom cover. they put a temp charge on your cc and clear it when they receive the old unit, but you will only receive the phone, no battery, box, accessories. i'm arguing this case now, mainly for the box.
    did they ask you to send the other stuff or just the phone?
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hate to say it, but there are some build quality issues with the N1, as minor as they are. My N1 came with slight discolorations around the edge of it...not quite scratches, but almost as if the softcoat wasn't applied quite right.

I've read 2 or 3 other accounts of the same issue on this board, a few of the battery door issue, dust under the screen, and the camera 'jiggle'.

They are barely noticable, but I can see them. It wasn't worth it to send it back to me, but I've never really experienced something like that with other phones I've had (and I've had a LOT).

I still love my phone...but sometimes the little things count (especially if you're shelling out $500+)

hmmm... I've sent a message asking a few questions to HTC, and will probably ask for a new one (or have it repaired) next time I'm off college. I agree with 'bishop6', I shouldn't be embarrassed to ask for an exchange if it is such a minor defect... especially when it costs about 400. I should have 400's worth of build quality... BTW, it is still a fantastic phone, if anyone is reading this and considering getting this phone, don't let this tiny problem put you off buying it, you won't regret it...

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Most of the phones squeak or creak. That gap looks fine to me. I'd replace it if it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by M_Woody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raccord View Post
    i got mine swapped for a gap between the front bezel and bottom cover. they put a temp charge on your cc and clear it when they receive the old unit, but you will only receive the phone, no battery, box, accessories. i'm arguing this case now, mainly for the box.
    did they ask you to send the other stuff or just the phone?
    no just the phone.

UPDATE: OK, UPS are coming to pick it up an a few hours, they say it is wear & tear. Yeah, right!!! I have only had this phone for a few weeks, it is certainly meant to last for a long time. Like some bits of the phone are Teflon coated, some bits of the phone are actually made of metal (not cheap crap) and of course a glass screen (not plastic).

This phone is definately built to last, but, just not the one I have... If I get charged for having it repaired (it's still under warranty, not rooted) I certainly won't let 'em get away with it...
    :-/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OK, I will either send it back to HTC telling them to give me a new one, or it's off to eBay/Amazon, I love the phone, I love the OS, I love everything but the build quality of MY phone, (when I say 'my', I mean, your N1 might be built better)

So, rant over, if anyone is in the UK and wants a N1, PM me or email me at: mwoody92@gmail.com

Thanks, M_Woody

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blaxk electrical tape works too.

Quote Originally Posted by richard371 View Post
    Blaxk electrical tape works too.
    Thanks for your input, but, I refuse to do anything like that. Anyway, thanks for replying, welcome to the forum!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I got mine today and it's already setup for a cross shipment back to HTC. It is stuck in a continuous reboot. I've performed the soft reboot, pulled the battery, and a factory reset and it will not stop rebooting. The phone is fully charged, I've even removed the micro sd card and the sim card. Nothing is working.

There are definitely some tech/build issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links